• BlueGoldAg
    I agree but, although Sac has steadily improved this season and comes into the game as the favorite, the Ags are licking their wounds from the EWU game and "a wounded animal is very dangerous" so to speak.
  • CA Forever
    I really really wish I had more confidence going into this game because beating Sac is always a goal even in years where a post season isn't in play.
  • AggieFinn
    I always gave Gould a ton of grief because of the losing seasons, but I believe he was 3-1 against Sac. This game matters regardless of playoff implications.
  • 69aggie
    Ag need to throw out the old game plan and come up with something new. I frankly do not know if Cody can do this or not. I hate to harp on this Again but LL and TT are basically all we have in the tank at this point, so why not utilize them as much as is possible. I know LL is playing hurt but the kid is still very dangerous as is TT.
  • AggieFinn

The kid Idaho had at QB @ Montana State was a total wildcard, great athlete scrambled like mad, and kept them in the ballgame, one they shouldn't have been in. Let the playmakers make plays, and the big guys up front need to block like crazy.
  • NCagalum
    Borisch was very entertaining in that game. He has a very odd and deliberate throwing motion but many times his receivers were wide open due to his scrambling. He made it a game, sort of like their game at EWU in spring.

Don’t need style points, win any way we can this week.
  • Riveraggie
    If they had a position called “running QB” who would be all conference, Borisch or Tompkins? Disregard all passing stats.
  • 69aggie
    Exactly!
  • fugawe09
    I won’t make the game but my company is hiring janitors, starting $17/hr w/ benefits/union, if anyone wants to pass out my card to the seniors on the Sac sideline.
  • 69aggie
    If we don’t change something we will lose this game. Doe the Hawk have the ability to do this?
  • movielover
    "If we don’t change something we will lose this game. Doe the [Cody] Hawk[ins] have the ability to do this?"

Good question(s). Just execution? Or a major change... Hastings WC Offense, w some deep tosses, or some argue HR?

Oldbanduhalum - enjoyed Guads on 3rd Street. (Fresh Street tacos.) They could use a visible menu board & hot sauces identified... 3rd Street is looking very tailored, not sold on the bike parts spire... 3rd Street commercial units facing Hickey getting new stairs and balconies... the Death Star has some huge cracks at ground level (foundation) for water intrusion, settling sidewalks, and the large 1100 lecture hall still closed. Surprised nothing done the last year. The Quad, as always, looked great.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Some of them were near the Unitrans barn.
  • Idaho Aggie
    I had lunch at Guads when I was in Davis the weekend of the Cal Poly away game. The building used to be a copy shop. I was a construction laborer and in '92 the company I worked for demolished the old building and we built the current building. Unusually for Davis, we dug a basement. This was in the fall, and it rained forever as soon as we had the hole. I spent a lot of time down there in wellingtons, dragging a sump pump around and trying to drain the pond. Fun times! It was much better to have a good lunch there with a cold beer, instead of dragging hoses around.
  • CA Forever
    I'm curious how Sac will run their QB split against us. Dunniway has about twice as many pass attempts as O'Hara, but doesn't seem to be much of a runner. O'Hara, on the other hand, leads the team in rushing. With how much we struggle defensively with QB mobility it'll be interesting if we see more O'Hara or not.
  • DrMike
    they’ve been scoring a lot of points with the current approach; be surprised to see them change. That would be an ‘old Sac’ game plan!
  • CA Forever
    I imagine that they will try to take advantage of such a glaring weakness of ours.
  • movielover
    I'd figure w TT, we have practice experience w a mobile QB.
  • DrMike
    I thought we did okay vs Barriere. He was 7-45 rushing; the 411 yards of passing hurt us more. We have to score when we get in red zone and sustain drives - EWU had over 200 yards in the 4th quarter vs our gassed defense
  • CA Forever
    We've struggled against QBs who are mobile and who are able to extend plays in the backfield.

Not just his rushing yards but how many of his passing yards were on extended plays in the backfield? We've had trouble in bringing down the shifty QB all season. Maybe thats just what makes them shifty. If NAU's QB hadn't gotten hurt it may have been a different outcome.
  • Riveraggie
    I think Sacs getting better results from two quarterbacks than either would give them alone. Dunniway is second in the conference in passing efficiency.
    What makes the QB position one in which you’re not supposed to platoon? By having two guys with different skill sets, you increase the challenge the defense faces and you’re that much more resilient to injury. I like the way sac changes quarterbacks within a possession, gives them opportunities to talk things over with the QB, and match each guys skills to the situation. Whichever guy they have out there is probably the worst one for us.
  • CA Forever
    I guess to me it's how they use O'Hara. When the quarterback platoon becomes 1 dimensional, it becomes predictable and easier to stop. Our platoon, without HR playing, is 1 dimensional. Overwhelming chance Hastings is gonna throw or hand it off and an overwhelming chance TT is going to run. TT obviously still finds success with that because he is an excellent athlete, but it looks like the Hornets still give O'Hara plenty of chances to throw the ball. While O'Hara hasn't been as efficient as Dunniway in terms of passing, he scares me more with the unpredictability. Dunniway is a better version of Hastings, you know what his game plan is when he takes the field.
  • DrMike
    Point taken; i just don't think O'Hara has the passing ability of Barrerre when he's scrambling. I'd think we'll be more agressive with pressure v. Dunnaway leaving us in man-to-man, more zone with minimal blitzing vs O'Hara.
  • agalum
    Post the score often fellas, hoping I can stream the radio broadcast but I’m in ten buck two
  • 69aggie
    HR going out early was something the coaches never saw coming. And they’re not at fault for that at all. He was badly injured and it is a credit to the program that they didn’t force him back in. Sac seems to have the 2QB thing going. I think we can too.
  • Riveraggie
    if coaches don’t see an injury on the horizon when you have a 6’ 170lb quarterback running it shows a lack of imagination
  • movielover
    Exactly. Which was why I thought we'd give a backup more time vs Dixie State in the 2nd half, but HR stayed in and was running late in the game.
  • Riveraggie

I’m not critical of either the coaches nor Rodrigues for his taking chances, it was a big game and he played his heart out. But he can’t play like he’s Tompkins or Borisch or O’Hara, he’s too slight.
  • NCagalum
    o Hara doesn’t have near the arm of Barriere. Barriere can zip it 40 yards with a flick of the wrist. From what I have seen of O Hara, he has below average arm strength. His forte is running.
  • agalum
    Game day! We need a complete performance from both sides of the field. Go Ags!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!