• BlueGoldAg
    Nobody over at the AGS Forum seems to think this game will even be close...consensus seems to be that the Ags will be 2-3 TD or more underdogs...
  • 69aggie
    I agree with most of that. I still say that our QB situation is very questionable. Hastings throwing an interception in the end zone was terrible. I cannot recall the last time an Aggie QB did that. I know it probably happened before, but Hastings does have a propensity to throw into coverage and get
    Picked off. I wonder if you can even coach not to do that?
  • movielover
    Repetitions help. He threw a few away early.

QB is key - how would this team fare with Ken O'Brien or Chris Peterson behind center?

Game one gave me hope that our lines have depth.
  • Riveraggie
    An interception in the end zone? Do you mean the pick six? That interception was at the Davis 39.
    Or the pass that would have been a UCD touchdown except for an outstanding athletic play by the safety? The second wasn’t throwing into coverage, the safety saw the corner get beat and made a big time play to get there and land in bounds, Hawkins said it could have been thrown a bit earlier. I don’t know what happened on the pick 6.
  • DrMike
    agree on the 2nd. Great play on a pass placed where they want it. not sure how DB landed inbounds
  • Riveraggie
    Expectations are set by history, and I don’t think we have ever beat a ranked FCS team on the road, and in this case it’s a team that blew us out in the game before last. Not saying it’s impossible but it’s not something observers wouldn’t expect. It will be sweet if it happens,
    * Idaho was ranked and on the road in 2020, but I think 19th, so just barely.
  • movielover

There has to be a way to telegraph it less, a slight look off. Something.

We came close w EWU in the playoffs, on the road, in tough conditions. We need to make the next step. Maybe we're now seeing the impact of that class that sat.

Did the Band-a make road games like SDSU?
  • NCagalum
    Conners looked very good. Don’t know that you change anything up with him.
  • Riveraggie
    We had another young DB with a pass breakup and two tackles, True freshman Blake Cotton. I think we have good personnel in the secondary, coaches have to get results with it. The transfer from Boise played some. I hope Budgett is ok.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Budgett would be a big loss if he is hurt. Jake Parks got injured too and needed assistance to get off the field after getting rolled up on. I thought I saw Chas Davis favoring his right shoulder as he came off the field after a catch also. I hope we have the kind of depth that Cody Hawkins alluded to before the season started.
  • movielover
    Cotton is 6'3" and ran track in high school.
  • SochorField
    Davis hasn't won a game since 11/6/21. That's a 4 game losing streak: EWU, SAC, SDSU, CAL.
    As good as the coaches say the team is, the guys need to get a W. Until then, we can expect to be big time 'dogs vs. a team like SDSU.
  • SochorField
    Was super bummed to see Jake Parks get hurt last week. He's given a lot to the program. Anyone know how he's doing?
  • CA Forever
    I haven't heard anything, but he's still listed on the "depth" chart for this week's game, not that that specifically means anything in Dan Hawkins' world.
  • AggieFinn2
    Hypothetically if a player were to be injured beyond recovery he would still show on the depth chart. That's football for you. So Smith was decapitated at E. Washington ? We'll list him as a probable.
  • Riveraggie
    I recall that the game notes used to have the travel roster, not the entire roster. Maybe not.
  • CA Forever
    Gameday! GO AGS! BEAT THE BUNNIES!... (or at least make it look respectable this time around)
  • Zander
    we beat Idaho in HR’s first start and Weber last year and I THINK they were both ranked barely in the top 25. That said the point could easily be amended to that we’ve never beaten anyone who conceivably could be a real playoff contender on the road.

A win today would massively outpace most other FCS wins I can think of in the Aggie program history.
  • DavisAggie
    Davis is +16.5 today. I'll take the points
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Let’s go Aggies!
  • BlueGoldAg
    UC Davis Football vs South Dakota State Press Conference

Head Coach Dan Hawkins, Special Teams Coordinator and Safeties coach Evan Hicks and players Chris Venable, and Connor Pettek discuss last week game at Cal and look ahead to this weeks match up with South Dakota State.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/ucdavisfootball/videos/2623676577768784
  • CA Forever
    1 hour til game time! Go Ags!
  • CA Forever
    Aggies win the toss and defer. Kickoff goes out the back of the end zone. Let's go defense!
  • CA Forever
    3 and out for SDSU!
  • Toke69
    Good start for the D
  • CA Forever
    Offense does nothing
  • NCagalum
    Wide open castles for big gain and pass behind him. Radio silence for wedding.
  • CA Forever
    It's gonna be tough to move the ball on the jackrabbits which makes bad throws to open receivers unforgivable
  • CA Forever
    Interception!
  • CA Forever
    What. The. Hell. Hastings.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!