• NCagalum
    Bad clock management costs.
  • MTBAggie
    Are. You. Kidding. Me.
  • NCagalum
    This is ridiculous. He kicked it flat and it was tipped.
  • AggieFinn
    Wasted 10+ seconds on that drive and a down.
    Special Teams let everyone down, terrible there.
  • NCagalum
    absolutely. They had at least 1 more play if they hadn’t let the clock run down earlier.
  • CA Forever
    What a joke man. What. A. Joke.
  • AggieFinn
    It's official the UC Davis Band whatever is wearing capes...

3w0noc73fds4q206.jpg
  • CA Forever
    They're exactly what the university wanted. Safe and boring now.
    Attachment
    20220924_201725 (426K)
  • movielover
    FGs are called for sometime, but we were rolling and settled for a FG attempt? Not one give to UG?
  • movielover
    Are the capes gender neutral?
  • NCagalum
    Hawkins seems playing to keep it close. That would be ok if the office were more potent - but when you get into the red zone in games like this - you gotta score TDs
  • CA Forever
    Well this is shocking... while missing 3 field goals, Gomez has actually IMPROVED his FG made % for the season. Came into the game 1/4 (25%) and is now 3/9 (33.3%).

Absolutely stellar
  • AggieFinn

Seen more balls at Lilith Fair...
  • Toke69
    On the positive side, Aggies have turned things around a lot on defense. At the half, Weber State has 195 total yards and 9 first downs vs. UCD's 226 total yards and 14 first downs.
  • NCagalum
    LOL. And to add insult to injury the tv promotional ad showed Davis students marching with a sign that says “climate protest”. Why would you want to protest “climate”? At least say something logical like “reduce CO2 emissions”. Yah that’s why I would want to send my kid to Davis. I hope they can still do differential and integral calculus.
  • Fiat Lux
    Where did the Hawk I know and love go? The Hawk I know would never have kicked that. We go for it on 4th all over the field but goal from the 1 is too much. Pitiful.
  • CA Forever
    I will add that Hastings has been mistake free so far. He's avoided sacks, threw the ball away when appropriate, and hasn't forced any unnecessarily dangerous passes. Defense has done well in preventing the explosive play. Really had the one drive where they let Weber march down the field undefended.
  • NCagalum
    the worst thing is that it wasn’t fourth down. Bad clock management.
  • Toke69
    Didn't Hawkins eschew a field goal against Cal when it would have put the Ags ahead 10-0? I can only surmise that he makes his decisions in the context of the opponent and how he sees the game developing?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hawkins, the notorious riverboat gambler who often says you can't beat good teams kicking FG's instead of going for it, decides to kick 5 FG's with a kicker who is only making 33%. He also sent his offense the message that we can't get one yard. Why go so conservative now?
  • Fiat Lux
    I was more getting at the fact that he would normally be willing to for it on fourth on our own 38 risking the field position but going for it on 2nd and goal from the 1 with 3 seconds left is too much. Agee the clock management was pretty bad. Should have called a time out a lot earlier in the drive.
  • Riveraggie
    Don’t focus on the missed fifty yarders but on the plays that gained no yardage on third down, precluding going for it on fourth. Trying 50 yard field goals is a prayer.
    Not going for it at the goal line shows too much dependence on Tompkins. Especially with two linemen out they don’t think they can gain a yard.
  • NCagalum
    kicking is very psychological and Gomez’ head is not quite right now. Maybe that last kick wasn’t that low and it was blocked. But in any event it makes no difference in how many yards you have compared to the other team if you don’t score in the red zone.
  • CA Forever
    So Aggies get the ball to start the half. Get field goal attempt 6 warmed up.
  • movielover
    Why pass to a TE at the one? The stats are roughly even across the board except for our dreadful red zone work. How's our #2 FG kicker?

Defense doing a stellar job... and Venable not on the state sheet.
  • NCagalum
    yah. Last year he rolled the dice on the Ags side of the field …. In my opinion a bit too much and as I recall the majority didn’t convert
  • MTBAggie
    Something along lines of, "Fieldgoals don't win big games."
  • movielover
    I thought we were deep and the most talented team ever? Does Toki have good hands? Don't we have a FB to kead for Gilliam?

Misty's sons play calling?
  • CA Forever
    Gilliam is the man
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!