• BlueGoldAg
    Sac scores again to make it 59-56 IW.
  • cmt
    Sac recovers another onside kick. Sounds like a mistake by the IW player. Radio guy said he tried to jump over it because it wasn't going to go 10 yards. Why are you closer than 10 yards if you're not going to go for the ball?
  • BlueGoldAg
    63-59 Sac with 1:43 to go.
  • cmt
    This game is nuts. IW with 1st and 10 from the Sac 21 with 33 seconds.
  • cmt
    Touchdown UIW but it's being reviewed. Heck of a catch if it stands. I didn't think he was close to getting his foot down but he did. Checking for a bobble though.

And it stands. 66-63 UIW with 27 seconds left.
  • AggieFinn
    That fumble is going to be the play in the second half that haunts Sac unless they can pull one more rabbit out of the hat.
  • cmt
    Taylor just screwed up. Complete a pass for a first down with 16 seconds left. They have two timeouts but he doesn't call one. Let a few extra seconds run off and then they threw an incomplete pass so there's only 5 seconds left. They should have been able to run another play to try and get into FG range.
  • cmt
    Hail Mary incomplete. Sac loses 66-63. What a wild game.
  • AggieFinn
    Everybody's baffled by the clock management...

Turnovers Given Away
    Sac State - 4
    Incarnate Word - 0
  • BlueGoldAg
    I can't believe that Taylor didn't call TO with16 seconds left. Doesn't make any sense...
  • BlueGoldAg
    So did we just see 2 great offenses or 2 terrible defenses or both? I think we saw both!
  • AggieFinn

I think it was two great offenses, but if you're a coach evaluating the overall play, Sac coughing it up 4 times, 2 by each QB is what you're looking at as the difference in the game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I agree but the defenses were terrible also IMO.
  • AggieFinn
    A lot of speed and high octaine playcalling from both sides.
  • cmt
    So you're telling me it's tough to win a football game with a -4 turnover differential?
  • AggieFinn
    Oh yes, even at home.

Here's a question.

Which was the better game...
    Incarnate Word @ Sac 2022
    UC Davis @ Eastern Washington (pt. 2) in 2018
  • CK2
    NDSU game played out exactly as expected. Samford did an unreal job against the run 1st half. Took a minute for the adjustments to kick in but they did and not even as avg QB like Cam Miller could screw it up. Miller is just not a good QB.

Bit shocked by MSU dominance. Wow. SDSU MSU IS the title game next weekend. Mark it. Can’t wait.

Sac the better team. These games happen. IW has an elite offense. And yea sac got 2 onsides. BUT there is no world where you lose turnover battle 4-0 and ever win games. And they lost Dunny half the game. Also a scoop and score. The fact they even had a chance. Outgained em by 130. For a second, almost feel bad for Sac as Taylor leaving for Stanford and this will be their downfall. But they had their chance. Night night Hornets. You done. Go Ags.
  • AggieFinn
    Who's going to run that Sac program now?

Comment on that Montana State game, Bill & Mary just looked soft...like they didn't want to be there.
  • 72Aggie
    Football gods shine on the Bison come playoff time as they now get another home game. Their defense will be tested and their offense will have a tough time playing “who has the ball last” against IW.

Home team is now 17-2 in these playoffs..
  • CA Forever
    I'll always be happy about a Sac State loss. No Big Sky camaraderie from me in that regard.
  • NCagalum
    Turnovers were the difference. O Hara is a bit of a two edge sword at times. Makes great plays but also tries to make something out of nothing which is what happened on his last fumble. There were several other times he was lucky he didn’t get a turnover. Usually defense wins the big games - but obviously not on this one.

I pulled an ESPN announcer gaff calling Dunniway Donuhue earlier.
  • cmt
    Definitely last night's game was better. There were five turnovers in the 2018 game too so it's not like that was some clean game. I'd forgotten we were -3 in the turnover differential that day too. Impressive we kept it that close.

Both were great games though.
  • AggieFinn
    Who does everybody have today, Holy Cross or the home team Jackrabbits?
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    In fairness to William & Mary it was 17F at kickoff....even colder than the game at SDSU last year?
    I forgot the games were on Friday other than SDSU-HC.
    What was Sac's attendance yesterday? Less beng a Friday? Thank god they lost.
  • agalum
    For those not in the Sac valley, we’re getting the storm of the decade right now. Both teams are lucky their not in the trenches today.
  • 72Aggie

"What was Sac's attendance yesterday?"
    13722 according to Sac's Athletics website.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!