• DrMike
    1-12 for 5 yards. Most of the 11 misses were way off
  • NCagalum
    539 yds IW to 333 bizzzzzon. 4 turnovers for incarnate word. One was on the 2 yard line when center snapped the ball when Scott wasn’t looking. There were also 2 big calls that went NDSUs way that I think were incorrect. The called touchdown in the back of the end zone (tv announcers said it should stand) and the ball didn’t come loose until out of the end zone and the fumble IW recovered late in game that the refs just stared at instead of getting in and making a decisive call. To cover their butts they just let the “call” stand.
  • DrMike
    refs were from the Patriot league where games are played in front of dozens of people; Fargodome might have been a bit of an intimidating step up. Of course, that would be a tough crowd for any crew
  • AggieFinn
    Full Game, Incarnate Word @ North Dakota State, 2022 FCS Semi-Finals:

• CK2
    Have said it a few times but Cam Miller is not a good QB. Issue is like 1-2 teams have the personnel to put him in a position where he has to use his arm to win. Bison are so strong everywhere else. IW did that for about 20 mins and he was awful. Then the legs got cooking and the Bison front leaned on IW. Cards made too many mistakes and 100% got jobbed on that fumble call. Clearly a fumble and #20 had it, #49 100000000% did not have it. Thats very clear.

Mentioned this last week but the title game is today in Brookings. Winner of that game wins it all imo.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This game was a tough battle. IW shot themselves in the foot especially with the 4 TO's but they got "homered" by the refs on several calls and folks have noted. They were the better team overall and I think that Sac was better than NDSU this year also.
  • DavisAggie
    The turnovers and the asinine decision to go for two in the 3rd quarter and then bypassing the FG later. 4 points lost.
  • agalum
    Jackrabbits won’t be denied, 28-6 with a couple left in the half. Gotta like them over the Bison. The Jacks can run and throw. Bison are too one dimensional against a team that can match up with them in the trenches.
  • BlueGoldAg
    28-9 SDSU at the half. The temperature is 7 degrees and dropping.
  • AggieFinn
    2022 FCS Championship
    Sunday, Jan. 8 at 11 a.m. PT on ABC
  • DavisAggie
    that 11:00 a.m. Pacific
  • 72Aggie
    Why play on a Sunday up against the last day of the NFL regular season, as opposed to Saturday the 7th when there are few games?
  • DavisAggie
    I expect the Saturday games to have some meaning. Same with Sunday afternoon games. But I would have gone with Saturday at 11:00 Pacific instead of Sunday.
  • cmt
    Yeah, it's a weird choice. There are no college games on the 7th. There could be NFL games that day (last year there were two, at 1:30 and 5:15 pacific) but if you play the game at 10 or 11, you probably get your own window. And regardless going against at most 1 NFL game is way better than going up against a bunch of games because there will be a handful of 10 a.m. games on Sunday.
  • cmt
    Would be nice to be watching or getting ready to watch the title game right now.
  • ucdboyd
    Yep, seems dumb on many levels to not play the final on Saturday.

But I haven't watched much of these playoffs... still mad that Davis didn't make it. We are better than most the teams in the playoffs. I'd bet only a hand full of teams would be over .500 with our schedule.
  • lucche
    Like I said. I figured Montana would get in before Davis. Really makes no sense taking a 6th place conference team over any teams ranked higher in conference
  • BlueGoldAg
    Leaving the Aggies out of the playoffs, given our schedule and how weak many of the teams that got in were by comparison, was !00% a biased decision and totally unfair to the Aggies.
  • NCagalum
    Weird to be on Sunday, but on abc and at a more decent hour. Previously was at 11:00 am which would mean a west coast team would be playing at 9:00 am (of course a while since a west coast team played in championship - EWU in 2018). 1:00 local now.
  • 72Aggie
    Jackrabbits are making this look easy. 28-7 as the first half winds down.
  • 72Aggie
    Well the Bison made a fool of me, suddenly 28-14, "as the first half winds down."
  • NCagalum
    Slow safety of sdsu gets burned to make it more interesting. Rooting for SDSU.
  • 72Aggie
    Who would think these two MVFC/Dakota teams would score so often so fast. An SDSU FG makes it 31-14 "as the first half truly winds down."
    Two TDs and a FG in the last three plus minutes.
  • NCagalum
    NDSU is not the same team as in the past - in large part due to their very mediocre QB.
  • agalum
    I was expecting the Bison to come out swinging in the second half. 38-14 jacks 5 left in the third quarter.
  • AggieFinn
    Well, it was the first game of the year, but seeing SDSU take it to the Bison right now, and seeing the Ags play them so close gives me hope...but there has to be more balance in the schedule obviously. It's only prudent to do your best as a scheduler, with an already tough Big Sky schedule, to get some decent OOC games that aren't on a path of potential slaugther. I like TAMC, I like Utah Tech, good upcoming home and homes.
  • NCagalum
    Ever notice that on the past year or 2 you only need 9.5 yards to get a first down? I know they don’t measure to speed the game up, but NDSU was just given a first down when they were almost a full yard short.
  • lucche
    Well, we played SDSU closer than any other team. We.may have been the only team to outgain SDSU in total yards.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!