• 72Aggie
    Thinking to myself is not the same as a thoroughly researched symposium where all sides are presented. There are problems with the current bowl system: too many of them and their significance is being diluted by players declaring for the draft or entering the transfer portal. Throw in the playoff system and it’s likely expansion and post season bowls like the Acme Something the Cat Coughed Up Bowl go the way of dial telephones and 8 track cassettes. Probably not a bad thing. Spring games won’t happen unless someone AND the NCAA can figure out a way to make money off of them.
  • DavisAggie
    Cal Poly's Josh Cuevas to Washington
  • DavisAggie
    Bronson Barron going Western Kentucky, a step down?
    But the bigger loss for Weber might be their stud All-American DB Eddie Heckard
  • CK2
    Head scratching by Barron. He’s assured to be backing up Austin Reed next year who crushed it
    This year after coming in from West Florida. He’s clearly hoping for a path like Zappe and Reed who both transferred from lower levels and destroyed it for the Toppers. He’s not the talent that either of those other kids are however.
  • DavisAggie
    Montana State's RB, Isaiah Ifanse
    EWU's Eli Doyle (leading tackler)
  • CK2
    NDSU getting destroyed by the portal. When you include graduations they will need a whole new defense next year. Top RB, Corner and safety (who all could return next year) entered this week.
  • DrMike
    ifsnse looks to be going to San Jose State. They could be a nice pickup for the Spartans who have lacked a running game
  • BlueGoldAg
    Do you foresee the Aggies bringing in any players from the portal this year?
  • movielover
    Why the exits? I don't recall them having that oronlem in the past.
  • DrMike
    I know they had their eyes on a couple. One was a TE from a place where he’d fit in well here. Maybe we’ll find out on signing day on Feb 1. They’ve had recruits in the last weekend and I think tomorrow

EDIT: the TE pulled out of the portal and decided to stay put after new coach was named
  • CK2
    Honestly, a sign of the times is my guess. There certainly could be something internal going on that we dont know about but Entz has never has any issues in the program that we know about so who knows. These are talented kids who will start for a team that will 100% make the playoffs and compete for a title. So it may just be more about these kids caring more about their brand and wanting FBs shots... or maybe something is amiss (less likely imo). This is now the times we live in - need to recruit well (both new kids and keeping your kids - makes college coaches jobs even harder).

Props to incarnate word - the had some key graduations then Kinne dragged half his OL and a few other key contributors to Texas St. UIW has gobbled up the FBS transfer in the last couple weeks to restock a bit. Calzada is interesting at QB. I'm not as high on him as others but he's shown talent (See Bama game in 21). These days you gotta be able to use the portal effectively b/c you might get depleted.

Jackson St another good example.
  • DavisAggie
    Weber's Eddie Heckard goes to BYU
    RJ Martinez goes to Baylor
  • agalum
    We’ll know who we pick up off the portal in a week when athletics hosts the signing party. Always a fun evening.
  • AggieFinn
    Castles had his first major highlight vs. Austin Peay - see 8:40 for a nice catch and run TD late in the game: He looks like he has put on at least 15 lbs.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!