• Riveraggie
    Why not just graduate in four years and say “been there done that” ? Is he likely to have a better season next year, here or elsewhere? A old romantic might harken back to the time when four seasons are enough. Larison showed character this year coming back and playing two weeks after a knee injury. He showed he is tough and fearless.

He doesn’t need to strengthen his resume with a lot of senior stats the NFL doesn’t care about. As a friend of mine used to say about a bronze star, that and two bits will buy a cup of coffee anywhere in America.
  • movielover
    His agent and NFL folks will provide feedback.
  • LeFan

Skattebo enhanced his profile at ASU and got paid for the pleasure. Backs only have so many reps in the body and Lan should be done with the free ones IMO.
  • movielover
    A 6'5" edge rusher sounds fantastic! Go Ags!

Our incoming defense looks solid, we have Fisher at RB, and a top QB recruit... do we need a few more skill players (WRs)?
  • CA Forever
    We recruited WR to a much larger extent last year when compared to this year so hopefully we get some guys from that group that pan out as contributors going forward.
  • movielover
    Yes. Coaches are at practice so they see what we have in the pipeline.

A couple of impact skill players would really help. A few years ago we had an amazing WR breaking out, acrobatic catches. Hawkins said "he does that all the time in practice". He left the team. We almost landed a great return man from Coach Tucker's JC team before he landed a FBS offer.
  • movielover
    This is likely an error, but Tommy Ansley
    is popping up as committed to us, but it looks like his senior year was 2022. (@Tommyansley11))
  • BlueGoldAg
    I don't think it's an error. He has 2023 highlights on hudl.com and they show him as 6'1 205 QB SS from La Quinta HS in La Quinta, CA, class of 2023. I don't have a twitter (X) account so I can't open his X page but the abbreviated part I can read shows him saying he is committed to Davis.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/14277744/Thomas-Ansley
  • movielover
    I couldn't open it either, saw primarily year 2022 articles. He looks to be a very mobile QB/ SS with decent size (6'1", 205?). He also punted and kicked a few field goals.
  • CA Forever
    from what I can see he just re-tweeted Kyle Hill's commitment to Davis. It looks like at one point in time he was committed to Minot State, but his profile now says College of the Desert. The odd thing is that he shows up on neither of their rosters.
  • movielover
    Recruits will LOVE Tim Plough! He'll JUICE up the offense and bring young energy. --> Shredville.
  • CA Forever
    First signing period starts on the 20th

Hope that we hear about a hiring so the coaches can hit the recruiting trail hard here over the next couple of weeks. Got to make sure that we don't lose any of the commits we have so far as well, which from what I have seen none have de-committed so far. Let's not give them the chance though.
  • movielover
    Because of all the 5 and 6 year players (lockdown extensions), do we have less open slots this year?
  • Riveraggie
    The recruiting classes a few years ago were smaller in anticipation of guys hanging around.
    We had 18 players who announced their graduation, there will be some loss to transfers, and some guys who didn’t announce will move on, as Poerio did last summer, after being on the Spring roster.
  • CA Forever
    Coaches are out on the road meeting with some of our recruits

• AggieFinn
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
  • movielover
    Our current recruiting class is great, but small, so something is going on. Are we waiting on guys who have missed out on FBS offers, or will we go after some immediate help in the portal and Jucos?
  • CA Forever
    That's a solid "I have no idea" from me. We'll find out soon enough though with the first signing period right around the corner.
  • movielover
    If I recall, the first was the biggest for most. Maybe Coach Plough and the unnamed OC not on board has slowed us down... new coordinator likely to change some staff.
  • Riveraggie
    Last year they still brought on people in the summer. Two transfers that were not on the team until fall camp. They were never announced as signees, so maybe they were walk ons, in which case they earned a scholarship I expect. They started most games and played most the snaps,
  • CA Forever
    Despite being called the early signing period, the December signing period has become the main one for a lot of teams with the February period existing to fill in the gaps. I think Plough is mostly responsible for staffing changes and not the new OC. It wouldn't surprise me if we had a later developing recruiting class than normal, but it looks like what commits we have are holding so far. No de-commits from what I've seen at least.
  • movielover
    Recent recruiting numbers

2024 - 10 schollies, TBD PWO, 7***
    2023 - 18 schollies, 8 PWO, 7***
    2022 - 12 schollies, 5 PWO, 6***

2023 PWO

- DB Malachi Ward ** 6'1 195, DVC
    - DL Trent Carrade 6'3 265 Marin Catholic
    - LB Sam Goligoski ** 6'4 210 Junipero Serra
    - LS Joseph Adema 6'3 185 Saint Augustine
    - OL Ty Mazakas 6'6 275 Sage HS
    - RB Lolo Mataele 6'0 210 Patterson HS
    - TE Mason Norberg *** 6'2 215 Folsom
    - TE Franz Pohlmann

2022 PWO:
    - DB Wyatt Gardner 6'0 170 Torrey Pines High School (San Diego, CA)
    - K/P Cade Cox 6'0 180 Foothill High School (Palo Cedro, CA)
    - LB Dante Antonini *** 6'2 200 Saint Vincent de Paul High School (Petaluma)
    - LB Macray Madruga ** 6'3 220
    - QB Michael Ingrassia ** 6'0 205 Marin Catholic

Updated Dec 17th, 11:15 PM.
  • CA Forever
    New offer on JUCO LB Aiden Sullivan from Butte College. Currently has double digit offers.

• CA Forever
    And another new offer on OL/DL Jayden Montanez from Santa Monica! Hold 1 other offer from Portland State.

• CA Forever
    Couple of posts of official visits from this weekend. 3 star RB Carter Vargas has de-committed from Nevada and was on campus.

• CA Forever
    Looks like we're bringing in a transfer OL from Stony Brook, Jace Rodriguez. He has started 1 year on the line for the Seawolves and comes to Davis with 3 years of eligibility remaining. Stony Brook went 0-10 last season.

• CA Forever
    3 star OL/DL Rayne Mayo commits to UCD! GO AGS! Had 14 offers at time of commitment

• movielover
    Yuuuge gets! Already a GREAT recruiting year!

Recent recruiting numbers - updated

2024 - ..9 schollies, TBD PWO, 7*** (developing)
    2023 - 18 schollies, 8 PWO, 7***
    2022 - 12 schollies, 5 PWO, 6***
    2021 - 11 schollies, 3***

Cal Bears Playoff game - December 16th
    Early Signing Date - December 20th
  • CA Forever
    New offer on TE Broderick Redden out of San Clemente! Currently has 11 offers. GO AGS!

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!