• CA Forever
    It's pretty bad. For reference, this is what SJSU is sending out as their official offer graphic in comparison to ours.

• CA Forever
    3 star LB Jackson Sievers has committed! GO AGS!

• AggieFinn

Welcome Mr. Sievers, let's get it.
  • 88Aggie
    Two good linebacker commits. Both good size. A few wins out of the gate this season and the recruits will rush to hop on the train.
  • CA Forever
    We got our QB! 3 star dual threat QB Damon Wrighster has committed to UCD! Held numerous FBS offers!

• BlueGoldAg
    I think Wrighster is a huge get for the Aggies. He reminds me of former EWU QB Eric Barriere and Aggie fans know just how good he was. In addition to all the D1 offers he got, he also made visits to Oregon, Arizona, Colorado, Utah and Northwestern. So he was definitely on the radar of some major programs. Check out this highlight video:

http://www.hudl.com/v/2LNxE9
  • movielover
    We've got some great SoCal commits which could open the floodgates.
  • CA Forever
    I've certainly been wrong before on how recruits are going to pan out, but this does feel like a big get for the Aggies. Big arm and has wheels which adds a dimension to his game that our other QBs don't really have to a large extent. I wouldn't complain if we got the same kind of success out of Wrighster that EWU got out of EB3!
  • BlueGoldAg
    UCD is a perfect fit for him and the Aggies.
  • AggieFinn

Inglewood (Calif.) quarterback Damon Wrighster announced moments ago he will be playing his college ball at UC Davis.

Wrighster took his official visit to UC Davis over the weekend and committed to the Aggies before going public with his decision earlier today.

“I’m very excited about my decision,” Wrighster said. “UC Davis recruited me harder than anyone and always showed me the most love.

“They have been very consistent in recruiting me and I’m exited for this opportunity. I think I can go in there and show my talent and show what I can do and it’s a great all around fit for me.”

The Aggies offered Wrighster back in May with QB coach Quinn Shanbour doing the honors.

“I have a really good relationship with coach Q,” Wrighster said. “He was my lead recruiter and I really enjoy talking with him and coach Hawkins.

“Throughout the process, I think they really recruited me the right way. They didn’t just recruit me, they recruited my parents and got to know all of us. They called me before games and made it personal and my family feels really comfortable with them.”

The weekend official visit was Wrighster’s second time on campus. He also visited over the spring following the Sacramento State Camp.

“I really like the campus and the overall vibe a lot,” Wrighster said. “It’s a college town and I like the overall environment.

“Everything is close together and I have a strong comfort level there. It’s a great academic school and that was really important for me. I know you can’t play football forever so I put academics first on my list of priorities. I want to major in Business and a degree from Davis can definitely open a lot of doors.”

Wrighster said making his decision is big weight off his back.

“It’s definitely a sense of relief right now,” Wrighster said. “Now I can just go out and play and not have to worry about where I’m going to college. I can relax and play free and easy.

"I’m on track to graduate early but I’m not sure if I’m going to or not yet. I know there’s advantages to being there for Spring ball but I also think it would be fun to enjoy my senior year. Senior year is one of the best times of your life and part of thinks it would be fun to enjoy that part of my life so we'll see what happens."

He’s a true dual-threat who can really run but has plenty of arm talent as well. We saw him at multiple off-season events and he has strong arm, a tight release and a lot of physical tools that translate well to the next level.
  • movielover
    Our 4 commits are all rated three stars.
  • CA Forever
    DL Jake Williams has committed to UCD! GO AGS!

• CA Forever
    3 star WR Cole Owens has committed to UC Davis over offers from Portland State, Sac State, and Army! GO AGS!

• AggieFinn
    You know they're out tonight recruiting hard.
  • movielover
    Looking like a great class! Five *** commits, including a 6'3" QB w wheels!?
  • CA Forever
    I include the star rankings just for fun, but it's a pretty flawed system in general. There are 3, 4, and 5 star players that never amount to anything, but unranked players can be superstars.

That being said, I'm liking the way the class is coming together.
  • Riveraggie
    They should at least have an offer for a running back.
  • CA Forever
    New offer on 3 star dual threat QB Caden Pinnick out of Del Oro High School.

• CA Forever
    With the season over I hope the coaching staff is starting to get out on the recruiting trail once again especially since the early signing period (which has become the main signing period) starts in just about a month!
  • agalum

I think we have 12 fulls to offer. I know they split some up to get more bang for the buck.
  • Riveraggie
    Factors on scholarship numbers
    We had 18 seniors and grad students who i think were all scholarship, just by looking at names

Who else beside Buchanan were announced as graduating with remaining eligibility? Buchanan was class of ‘20, we have many players from class of ‘19, Budgett, Bearden, Davis Tompkins, Hastings etc. Those guys have been here 5 years already

Who on our current roster as walk-ons are going to be given a scholarship? I bet Eli Simonson was not on scholarship for example. Shamburger have a scholarship?
  • agalum

I really don’t know regarding who will stick around with remaining eligibility. I only heard we have 12 to hand out. And that was over the grapevine and not directly from athletics.
  • Riveraggie
    12 seems like a nice assumption because its roughly 63/5 but when you lose at least 18 in seniors and grad students it seems like you would have more available. There aren’t any names in that category that don’t seem like they are scholarship guys. And that doesn’t include any juniors who might move on. Lots of guys can graduate in four and five years, and may be looking for the next phase in their life.
  • CA Forever
    New offer on ATH CJ Millican from right on our doorstep Davis, CA! GO AGS!

• CA Forever
    3 star OLB Kyle Hill has committed to UC Davis! That's our 3rd 3 star LB commit! GO AGS!

• 69aggie
    So December 4 is the first portal date for the winter? I think we all know who we do not want to see on that list! Fingers XXX!
  • Riveraggie
    Larison has nothing to prove at the collegiate level. He has shown he is a player with skills and they can and have tested his athleticism. That will determine where he is drafted not whether he transfers to a FBS school. If he transfers and plays behind someone or has a limited role what does that due to his marketability? And transferring does nothing for him academically, he already has four year in college so is likely close to a degree.
  • 69aggie
    Yes he does have something to prove. Character. For instance, I don’t think the portal did Skattabo who was a great RB for Sac any good at all. Fairly good stats for a ASU Team that is going nowhere. But not really good. And he didn’t have to do that. And he abandoned his very good team. My thoughts are that he didn’t have a good agent or none at all. Plus, with the best NFL teams there is another metric in the draft: character. Maccaffery is an example of that. A truly good agent (his dad?) would advise LL to stay in the lane, graduate and be the leader of his team next season. But maybe I am just a true romantic. So sorry.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!