• CA Forever
    New offer on 3 star DL/OL Brandon Nazworth! GO AGS!

• 69aggie
    I noted earlier the post that sac states QB recruit Carson camp was a huge get for them. And it may be. They did have to replace two of their QBs to graduation. And they apparently have done that. Well done! But on closer examination Carson was not considered South Dakota’s best QB by the end of the season. Sophomore Aidan Bouman was their best QB statistics and leadership considered. So I believe that’s why he transferred. Shows how the portal works nowadays and all things considered is probably a good thing. I believe Miles Hastings will be every bit as good as Carson come next season. But sac did do well on their getting Carson. Also shows what a great football recruiting area the mid west is these days.
  • Riveraggie
    Obviously he transferred for playing time, But Sac gets a guy who is a proven high caliber qb with three years of experience playing at a high level and he is just a junior!
  • CA Forever
    New offer on 3 star LB Jackson Sievers! GO AGS!

• AggieFinn

Carson Camp
    Will go down in Coyote lore as the man who threw the “Hail Mary” to beat fourth-ranked South Dakota State 23-20 on Senior Day inside the DakotaDome (11/13) … it was a 57-yard touchdown throw on a play that began with one second on the clock … the play was named the Sports Illustrated Play of the Year for 2021 and Camp and wide receiver Jeremiah Webb, who was on the receiving end of the throw, were invited to Sports Illustrated’s Award Show where the duo accepted the award on stage on behalf of the Coyote football program...
  • 69aggie
    I agree, But why was he pushed out by a sophomore? Somethings just not right here.
  • Riveraggie
    Lost his job to a guy who transferred from Iowa State. Big guy 6-5 240.
    South Dakota only beat Cal Poly in their first 6 games with Camp and he was pulled just before halftime trailing 21-7 in game 7 against a ranked opponent and his sub won the game.
    Bouman “completed 80-of-132 passes for 892 yards and eight touchdowns against one interception … also ran for two touchdowns … threw 106 passes before his first interception”
  • CA Forever
    New offer on ATH Owen Long! GO AGS!

• BlueGoldAg
    In addition to the offers you listed, Owen Long also has offers from Penn, Dartmouth, Harvard, Georgetown, and Yale. Smart kid!
  • CA Forever
    New offer on WR Santino Varvel out of Waddell, AZ! GO AGS!

• CA Forever
    3 star DB Jordan Jones commits to UC Davis! GO AGS!

• movielover
    Great signing!

Most of our early offers are to *** recruits FWIW.
  • CA Forever
    I'll be honest and say that 3 stars means very little in predicting success. I only include it because it is simply a rating that is available, but the star system doesn't mean a whole lot until talking about the 4 and 5 star players and even then the system is far from perfect.
  • AggieFinn
    Show the stars, it's great, what really matters is what an incoming freshman does with their time when they jump...and how well the coaching staff teaches them the game, and dealing with life in college. Hell, I think Khalil Mack was a zero star, mainly because he played nothing but basketball, but after his senior season he exploded and got offered at Buffalo with zero stars on his name, but the Buffalo scouts saw what they saw...huge potential...one coach at Liberty University commented late in his junior year to his Dad that if he gave up basketball and focused on football Khalil would, "...go to college for free."

Khalil-Mack-Drafted-University-at-Buffalo.jpg
  • Riveraggie
    We can see what a five star recruit qb looks like when Davis plays Cal Poly, assuming he can earn the job. Sam Huard couldn't get playing time in Washington in two years. I bet he’s mobile and has a good arm.
  • 69aggie
    Looking at some interesting stats going into the 2023 season. Miles Hastings is ranked #11 at QB with a rating of 154.23. Carson camp not listed. His rating is 113.1. He suffered a big drop off in performance after the 2021 season. Take out his blowout win against Poly and his rating would be even lower. That is obviously the reason he was demoted. Not saying he is not a good QB, but I think sac has over hyped him. Other somewhat interesting RB stats: Larisons yards per carry was 7.5 on 75 carries. Gilliams was 6.0 on 196 carries. Not disagreeing that Gilliam is the GOAT Aggies RB, just think that we will be OK at RB next season and at QB.
  • lucche
    Obe looks like a good RB too
  • Riveraggie
    We have a transfer from Nebraska Cornhuskers i just noticed on the roster, an offensive lineman, sophomore, has been with Nebraska 3 seasons, walked on at Nebraska, no game action. If i read the tournament bracket pdf right he was third in the Nebraska state high school wrestling championship in the 285lb class. Eli Simonson, 6’6, 295.
    Wrestling story from 2020 senior high school year.
    https://www.ketv.com/article/eli-s-coming/31070664#
  • CA Forever
    Per 247, 3 star QB Damon Wrighster will be on campus for a visit tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if we can land a commitment.
  • AggieFinn

It's been kind of an inside joke that we never recruit mid-western kids to come to Davis and play football, especially ag family kids - looks like Simonson is majoring in Management - not sure what his background is besides that. Hope he can play.
  • movielover
    How often did Sochor and Foster travel out of the Sacramento region for recruiting?
  • AggieFinn

I don't think that often, wasn't it a money thing?
  • DrMike
    I looked at our 1980 roster and we had about 10 guys from LA, 2 from San Diego, 3 from Bakersfield and 10-12 from the Bay Area/San Jose area. A lot of guys from the i80 corridor. They hit the road occasionally and crammed as many schools as possible in a day.
  • CA Forever
    New offer on RB Beau Phillips out of Snoqualmie, WA! GO AGS!

• AggieFinn2
    He's going to feel silly for having posted that picture if he doesn't sign lol.
  • CA Forever
    That is the official image being sent to the players from the team. A lot of the guys who we already knew had offers are posting the same one. Whoever created the picture certainly made some choices... not sure if good ones, but choices nonetheless.
  • AggieFinn

Last I was in Snoqualmie, I think I was 10. For those who don't know, the popular 90's tv series from David Lynch, Twin Peaks, was largely filmed in Snoqualmie (and neighboring towns) About a half hour E of Seattle.
  • AggieFinn2
    Official images- this is just a bit silly to me, but I suppose it's to say "If you're going to post an image about UC Davis this is the only picture we are authorizing you to use to protect our brand" I sincerely hope recruits at all universities are not being told to post about their recruitment and what they must say. That would smack of the CCP.

Times change. I suppose it was inevitable that expressing excitement over choosing a college had to be bogged down in social media marketing.
  • CA Forever
    Kids post all kinds of pictures in regards to offers. Most post pictures when they receive verbal offers and they either make those themselves or get them from private graphic design stores online. A dead period just ended so schools were sending out "official" offers as opposed to just the verbal offers and this is the pic that came with ours. Pretty much all schools do the same thing.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Gotta be AI generated. I mean, a faded image of half dome, the Golden Gate Bridge, and a horse?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!