• SloStang
    As usual Cal Poly chasing many of the same players as Davis. We have offers out to OL Nico Sarale, WR Lance Babb II and DL Baraka Beckett.
  • movielover
    New offer out to DE / TE Cade Peacock*** from WA. Has 3 offers now, one from Idaho State. 6'4", 240, 1190 SAT.
  • CA Forever
    DE Cade Peacock has COMMITTED to UC Davis! GO AGGIES!!!
  • movielover
    Oh yeah!!!!!!!

Fired up!!!!! Just what our defense needs!!! Uuuggggee!!

Spanking Idaho State didn't hurt.
  • CA Forever
    Apparently he is our 2nd defensive commitment in the last 24 hours according to Coach Brady on twitter, haven't been able to find the other one yet.

Peacock notes the education available at UC Davis, the direction the program is heading, and the coaching staff as big reasons why he made his commitment so quickly after being offered.

https://scout.com/high-school/washington/Article/Eastside-Catholic-DE-Makes-His-Commitment-110178231
  • movielover
    Just saw that!! The pitch should bo so beautiful... Top 2 or 3 QB. Number 1 WR. Tons of talent in that group! Exciting offense, great game day atmosphere. Lots of talent at DB and LB.

Just need some difference makers, some DL, and anyone with lights out speed and length.
  • CA Forever
    Peacock just received an offer from Utah State. Always gotta worry about these guys who commit early. Hopefully he stays strong on his commitment.
  • movielover
    Jordan Allen is an athletic 6'5" WR out of Fairfield in 2016 who signed with ... UC Davis. 4.5 speed, converted to Weak side DE. 247Sports had this...

"... beginning of his career at UC-Davis was promising. He was getting better at learning the nuances of playing defense and the coaches saw his potential. Unfortunately, the coaches were fired at the conclusion of the season and fortunately for Allen, it gave him an opportunity to prove something."

Redshirted for us, transferred to SFCC. Had 3.5 sacks, rated as a 4 star DE by one site. Signed with TCU, big get for them. He has 3 years left.

He has recently decommitted. Says he will sign Dec 20th. Family is important to him, and his hometown is Fairfield.

With Doss and Maier lighting it up, he could be a big fish in a medium pond here. And his family and friends could see a lot of games.
  • CA Forever
    I remember him from his recruiting class. I'm sure Hawk would welcome him back to Davis with open arms, but it's also up to the player.
  • movielover
    Jordan Hoyt DT transferred to ASU, has had an injury, and I don't think he has played.

More difficult at the next level. Deeper squads, fickle situations, politics.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It's also not uncommon that there are character and ego problems among elite athletes at the "win at any cost," big programs." That can create team chemistry problems with other athletes who have never been an pampered, elite athlete.

A player like Jordan Allen would be like family with the Aggies and you can rest assured that high quality character and academics would be the required on a Hawkins coached team.
  • movielover
    I'd love to have any / all of them back... Allen, Hoyt (walked on at ASU, smart young man), ... several 2 and 3 star recruits signed with "big" programs and either haven't played, or aren't even on the roster.

We have played a lot of young guys, and several true freshmen ... Montgomery, Morgan, Thomas, Whelan...
  • CA Forever
    We apparently got a commitment last night from the Sacramento area. Haven't been able to find it though.
  • True Blue Aggie
    Hmmmm.... Pure speculation but this young man was at yesterday's game . . . positive comments . . . 916 resident . . . https://twitter.com/pesefea54/status/929559121883308032
  • CA Forever
    Good catch I'll keep an eye on that for further clarification. We also have some offers out on guys from Rocklin and Granite Bay, could also be in the mix. Interestingly enough, I can't find a ton of info on this kid but he has offers from a couple Pac 12 schools.
  • SochorField
    Arizona QB Brock Purdy got an offer from Montana State as well.....
  • CA Forever
    Yeah I'm pretty bad at keeping their offers updated after they receive an offer from Davis. Probably every single guy on the list has offers that aren't listed.
  • movielover
    Norcalpreps says WR Justin Kraft from Rocklin has committed to us. 247 lists him as a ** recruit.

Go Ags!
  • CA Forever
    Awesome I was guessing he was one of the players that committed on senior day. I'll add him to the list when I get home tonight! GO AGS!
  • movielover
    Another commit from Whitney HS in Rocklin, linebacker Nick Eaton. Via twitter. 6'3", 215#s.

Scan down to tweet #2 to see how WR Kraft stated his commitment.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kooper_r98
  • CA Forever
    Updated with the new commitments! GO AGS!
  • AggieFinn
    Sign on the line that is dotted...then it's real #Agscension

41zq46lzuhzdyj9i.jpg
  • CA Forever
    According to Coach Plough's twitter we got another commitment last night out of the bay area. Be on the look out for information.
  • movielover
    Which means we have 2 commits out there, 1 stud on D and a new addition on offense (WR?).
  • CA Forever
    I don't know if it was a WR that committed, just that it was Coach Toler that was making the visit in which we got the commitment. Honestly, I've lost track of how many commitments we have out there. There are some mystery ones right now. What I have listed are the only 100% confirmations I've been able to find.
  • movielover
    We sure could use a couple JC studs on Defense. Schedule will be tougher next year, #104 on defense doesn't cut it.
  • CA Forever
    Found the commitment! WR Robert Simkins committed to play last night after receiving an offer from Coach Toler. Described as a "big time sleeper". Link to the tweet on the first page.
  • movielover
    Nice find. One site claims he runs a 4.5 40. Junior year he supposedly had 9 TDs running, 3 aerial, 1 return. Looks like he also has verticle. ... not sure how many WRs we need, we signed 6 last year and have 2 redshirt frosh. ... not sure if related to Rob Simkins, who's wife started MILPH World. (Life, Passion, Health)

BTW, JJ Koski of SLO, a Soph and their #1 receiver, Gould never offered. These were the kinds of NorCal kids our program wad built on.
  • CA Forever
    It does seem like we are starting to get over saturated at WR, but we also have to think about the post Keelan Doss era. We are going to have to find the new go to guy.
  • movielover
    Yup. My guess is that's why we redshirted Carson Crawford and J. Harrell (who was injured for a few games). We also have Vaughn, Cummins, Moore (huge), Montgomery, and others.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!