• lucche
    Pretty much very fast and strong as an ox.
  • lucche
    He was getting in the backfield, and was pretty much in position to take the handoff rather than letting the RB get there first. I'd say as size he was pretty average. He definitely wasn't huge. the Bethune Cookman players were definitely larger and looked more impressive. But, casey could not be stopped that day. We were all yelling Casey! Casey! and the more we did (it seemed), the more he attacked them. They did not have an answer for him. Just like Stanford had no answer for Amos on that very special Saturday night in Aggie football history.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Brings back great memories!
  • 69aggie
    I saw Casey play and he was great. But, Mike was 6"8 280 and quich as a cat. Played for the Raiders for some time. Sorry he was later unhappy and took his own life. I think Casey may have had a brother play as an aggie.
  • lucche
    I never saw Mike Wise play in person due to work. But, I listened to the games and he obviously was a force to reckon with. And none seemed to be able to handle him. But, I did see Moroski, Biggs, Obrien, and the others of this era. The Aggies, though in D2 beat many a D1AA team at the time.
    UN Reno, UOP, St Mary's, and Santa Clara.
  • movielover
    I believe his son wrestled for us.
  • movielover
    Looks like we have a new commit for this year, 5'11" WR Daliceo Calloway via twitter. ARC student athlete. Stats say he had 245 yards receiving, the year before he took a short pass 74 yards vs Modesto JC.
  • movielover
    QB Comstock signed w Fresno State.
  • BlueGoldAg
    “A coach like Coach Tedford, how can you pass that up the opportunity?” said Comstock, who holds offers from Oregon State, Idaho, Eastern Washington, UC Davis, Army and Azusa Pacific. “I mean that guy is second to none. I believe with that style of coaching and level of coaching, we can make some noise in the Mountain West in the next couple of years.”

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/college/mountain-west/fresno-state/bulldogs-football/article158102459.html#storylink=cpy
  • 69aggie
    You have to wonder why Fresno state? And why so fascinated with the rather unlikeable Tedford? I guess his record is impressive as was his recruiting at cal. But, oh my, that 48% graduation rate at cal- not good at all. Will not be a problem at Fresno. Good luck to the kid who seems to be a very good player.
  • movielover
    What I have seen of Fresno doesn't look very appealing. I'm told Clovis is nice...
  • movielover
    New offer out to DE / DT TJ Pesefea of Sacramento, 6'4", 270? Via twitter.

RB Khoury Bethley has committed to Hawaii.
  • movielover
    New offer to El Cerrito DB Delano Ware via twitter.
  • movielover
    We may have missed this.

New offer to OL / DL Ari Sallus of Palisades Charter via twitter. 5th offer.
  • 69aggie
    Back on Telford. I recall when he was at cal the media had a fit to learn he was the highest paid UC employee in the state at over 1 million plus per year. Yes, and he had some very impressive winning seasons. Fast forward to 2016 and you have Charlie Strong at Texas making 5.2 million a year and never had a winning season over 3 years. He was fired last November. He's moved on to South Florida and has apparently not taken much of a salary hit there. Wonder what Telford makes a Fresno?
  • zythe
    To be honest, our Chancellor's don't even earn as much as their counterparts at private schools. $400K is not much for leading a major research university.

I know of presidents at liberal colleges with enrollment at 1,500 who out earn our chancellor.

My point is, we need to pay our coaches more. They are the face of our University, and if we don't pay them well they will go somewhere else.
  • movielover
    I believe Blue / Hawkins upped the budget for coaching, on top of the increase by Katehi / Tumey. There is more than money to life. Chancellors spots are few, just like HC. Time to start seeing some improvement.

It seems like we have added a lot of staff. Facilities improvements would be nice. Food at Aggie Stadium will be great.

Tedford makes about $1.6 M base, plus heavy incentives. An 8-5 season could see him pull down around $2.5 M per a Fresno article. Typical need for fan interest to improve stadium, like everybody.
  • movielover
    We offered CB / WR / RB Christian Swint of Compton, a 3 star recruit. Via twitter. Listed at both 6'0" and 6'1". Also has offers from Nevada and Utah State.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We have offered DB Delano Ware 6'0" 190 from El Cerrito HS. We are his first offer but he is gaining a lot of attention and will probably be a long shot to land. He values education so that's a big plus for us.

Former NFL DB, Mark McMillan, said this about Ware:

"Ware is a long, athletic safety with tremendous upside and is truly a SEC, Big 12 or Pac-12 caliber defensive back and should have no problem securing a scholarship as a student-athlete," McMillan said."

Off the field, Ware has been described as not only a leader on the field, but in the classroom as well. He leads the study hall sessions on campus and stresses the importance of “no player is left behind” at ECHS.

https://twitter.com/dware_nl

http://www.scout.com/college/san-jose-state/story/1785223-delano-ware-ready-to-break-out
  • CA Forever
    We have our first commitment! QB Carson Baker! GO AGS!

Carson Baker Stats

Carson Baker Highlights

And I think I have the list updated, let me know if I missed something.
  • movielover
    6'3" and can throw the deep ball with a 'funky' delivery. Sweet. Is he very mobile?
  • CA Forever
    I don't think he has the speed to be a true dual threat QB at the next level, but his highlights show that he isn't afraid to move out of the pocket and throw on the run.
  • CA Forever
    ATH Evan Tattersall has committed to Cal.
  • CA Forever
    QB Jeremy Moussa has committed to Hawaii
  • CA Forever
    DE Nahe Salunga has committed to Colorado State.
  • CA Forever
    DB Quinn Brinnon has committed to Colorado State.
  • CA Forever
    Coach Plough has announced on twitter that we have received another commitment, however I am unable to find who it was that committed.
  • CA Forever
    3 star 6'6 WR Cole Turner has committed to Nevada
  • CA Forever
    New offer out on 2 star DB Logan Taylor from Harbor City, CA. Strange distribution of scholarship offers from D2 Western New Mexico and Azusa Pacific to FBS Vanderbilt.
  • AggieFinn
    Not recruitment related perse...but P Colton Schmidt will continue his punting duties for the Buffalo Bills this season.

To all the K's and P's who are reading this board, UC Davis is a great place to kick.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!