• FullertonBaseballFan
    NCAA Division I baseball programs will continue with increased roster size and scholarship limits for the 2023-24 academic year in a somewhat similar manner to the way they have been impacted for the past three years.

There will be a 40-man limit on roster size for Division I programs during the 2024 baseball season.

Up to 32 student-athletes will be allowed to receive a baseball scholarship – an increase from the normal limit of 27 in Division I.

The additional “counters” (scholarship athletes counting against the team scholarship limit) must be included in the maximum team limit of 11.7 scholarships and must be provided the minimum scholarship value of 25%.

The reasons for these increased limits include:

• Many athletes still having an additional year of eligibility available as the result of the NCAA rulings related to the pandemic.
    • Major League Baseball reducing the size of the MLB Draft from 40 rounds to 20 rounds.
    • The decrease in the number of minor league teams from 162 to 120.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!