• BaseballAtDobbins
    Hi everyone. I am going to the game against EWU (Oct 7th) and I have many questions as I have not attended a game since 2011 (vs Cal Poly and @Sac State).

1. When will tickets go onsale? I don't think there is an alumni discount outside of CAA, right? How much are tickets usually?
    2a. My 2nd question is big. Are backpacks allowed inside the stadium? I'll be coming straight from my SMF flight by bus or shuttle and I want to know what would happen if I brought my standard backpack with clothes in it? I'll only get to Davis less than an hr before kickoff and was hoping to save a stop. Also are laptops allowed? Don't worry I have no plans to use it- GOOOO AGSSSS!
    2b. If no, how much are pedicabs or should I just walk from downtown (where my hotel is)?

3. Just for kicks. If I held up a sign offering money for buying an aggie pack 2017 shirt from an undergrad, what would happen?

4. Do they still have a gameday unitrans shuttle and/or shuttles to downtown after the game?
    Hmmm I feel like I'm forgetting a question, but that's okay. GO AGS!
  • Goags20172
    According to the Aggie Stadium A-Z (under Fan Zone) on the ucdavisaggies.com website bags and backpacks are subject to search, and they have to fit under your seat. If it''s just a regular school backpack you should be iok. They will probably ask you to open it. I recommend keeping your unmentionables toward the bottom so they aren't on display if you get an intrusive security guard.

Not sure about Unitrans, but if it isn't you can likely catch a Yolo Bus after the game at the MU. You can walk quickly from downtown. I can usually make it from near the Amtrak to Dobbins in less than 30 min.

Count on it being at least $20 for a ticket. You can buy flex tickets now (5 vouchers for any games) for $100. I remember these tickets were $8 when I was a student.

A person in a yellow jacket would probably tell you to stop lol.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    TY GoAgs. Yeah, its a standard regulation school pack. Haha I will def keep that in mind :P. I remember Unitrans running a special line to and from Aggie Stadium, maybe? I'll be happy to walk, though with it being a 6pm kickoff, I'll be happy to get back to my hotel in downtown after the Ags win :).
  • agalum

Check in with me a few days before the game. I may have a free ticket for an Aggie.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    That would be fantastic! I'll check in with you when the game gets closer. Go Ags!
  • PortlandAggie
    Wasn't sure where to post this. I'll be on campus this Wednesday. Is practice open to the public? Times?
  • movielover
    Check the Davis Enterprise (I don't know how to link yet on a smartphone). They recently had 3 or 4 articles and covered practice locations and times. Practices split between Howard Way field and Aggie Stadium.
  • DrMike
    Wednesday = 9-11am @ Howard Field
  • DrMike
    i might be out there tomorrow; i feel a mental health day coming on.
  • PortlandAggie
    Thanks!

I won't get into Davis until 10:30 or 11am so I'll miss practice (N)
  • DrMike
    Made it out to practice yesterday morning. i got winded just watching. great pace, no wasted time out there. kids were very energetic in all the drills. very competitive atmosphere. DB's were pushing the WR's, WR's were pushing the DB's, and the individual groups were pushing each other. The one-on-one passing drills were especially competitive. some great catches against great defense. good breaks from the DB's to break up passes on crisply run/thrown routes. just alot of fun to watch. new QB from Long Beach looked sharp. Very athletic, quick release, accurate. Doss stands out. Spencer looks very good as a slash-type -> caught a ton of passes, and ran the offense well. I really liked what I saw. We'll be much more fun to watch, much more competitive. How that translates into wins against our tough schedule (home schedule is really tough) remains to be seen.

Ran across Portland Aggie and his lovely wife in the bookstore. Only disappointment in the day was the limited shirt selection at the MU bookstore and Downtown Store. You'd think basketball and football would be highlighted more, but not so.
  • movielover
    Dr. Mike, good to hear about the progress. Do we look relatively healthy?

Shirts. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Maybe we'll see some new gear before the season starts.
  • DrMike
    I went online to get football (and basketball) specific shirts. downtown store had a copy of football shirts, but the one my wife wanted was only in one size.

i only saw a handful of guys in yellow jerseys being held out. of course, yesterday was the first day in full pads which might be part of the reason.
  • PortlandAggie
    Thanks for the insight, as always. And great seeing you yesterday. Looking forward to seeing all of you this fall. Go Ags!
  • movielover
    Dr. Mike, highly subjective question here... but if you went to an early practice last year, did you sense a difference compared to this year?

FWIW, Saturday scrimmage at Aggie Stadium, 5.30 start time. Open to the public no cost for parking.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!