• quadshock
    I'M NOT USED TO THIS LACK OF SACKS ON OUR QB
  • movielover
    Marsh says Moore made an amazing catch?

I recall we flubbed the 10 year anniversary video for the College of Education at Aggie Stadium.

Did we bring back the steam engine?????!!!!
  • CA Forever
    Well thats because Maier is mobile. Not a dual threat but his pocket presence is pretty dang good. Offensive line in general has not been very good this game.
  • CA Forever
    Yeah a jump ball in tight coverage. It was pretty impressive. Yes the horn is back. It was around last season but it was based outside of the stadium. Apparently they moved it inside for this year.
  • zythe
    Love me some Aggie football!
  • zythe
    BTW, I hate the double font logo.
  • CA Forever
    Awesome punt return!
  • quadshock
    Yeah, but still, seeing plays actually unfold has not been the experience in recent years. Almost every play I was dreading disappointment. Maybe it's the lowered expectations over the years, but seeing a QB who can adjust, seeing players who are making plays after the catch, etc. is refreshing. I haven't gotten so hyped about Aggie football in a while.

One thing I noticed is our QB->RB handoffs seem super slow, and the defense reads it immediately. Probably something to work on. Also, the fantasy football instincts in me wonder if we have any catching backs that could relieve pressure on the O-line.
  • CA Forever
    Absolutely. I'm already in love with what Hawkins and Plough are doing with the offense and we should only get better in the coming seasons.
  • CA Forever
    TOUCHDOWN AGGIES!
  • CA Forever
    I would like to point out that we're currently up 28 points on a team that made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs last season and returned quite a few starters (although they did graduate some key skill players). It's so much fun watching the Aggies light it up again.
  • zythe
    Will we score again?
  • Bige70
    Result is great so far and there are a lot of things they can improve on. Could be really good.
  • CA Forever
    I hope so. I'm usually not for running up the score, but it's been so long since we've had this kind of opportunity.
  • zythe
    Right man, right place, right time
  • zythe
    If you build it, [they] will come
  • movielover
    Glad to see us get deeper down the bench.

I wouldn't get overly excited about how we do against a non scholarship team. Great victory, but a lot to work on. Take out 1 big run and rushing stats crater. We miss Schneider, Lugga, and Kelly.
  • CA Forever
    I'm happy to be winning by this margin. Much larger than most everyone predicted. USD isn't a bad squad despite being "non-sholarship".
  • quadshock
    Things the stream needs to improve on:

1. Camera operator needs to follow the ball
    2. The score overlay should always be on screen, unless it's a replay
    3. Fix the audio issues
    4. Fix the actual stream loading issues
    5. Fix the stream start time
    6. Probably move off Flash since it's being deprecated

It has the potential to be awesome, so let's hope we see some of these addressed next time
  • CA Forever
    518 yards of offense to end the night. Maier passes for 369 and 3 TDs. Another 100 yard night for Doss although we didn't see him much in the 2nd half. Hopefully not an injury there. Aaron Moore was a pleasant surprise tonight. Defense held em to a touchdown. Too many turnovers and the offensive line needs to give Maier some more time. Overall, a fun game. There are things to clean up but a win is a win is a win and I will take em any way possible after living through the Gould era.
  • zythe
    I wish that instead of throwing so many many touchdowns, we would have punted more [sarcasm]
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Or it up the middle. Again. Again. Again.
  • CA Forever
    A minute left in the half and we have the ball on their 20? Nah, lets just take knees.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    With timeouts still to burn. Naaaaah.
  • CA Forever
    lol. But seriously, now with Hawk we're going for it on 4th and 1 from our own 29 and at that point I believe we were only up by a touchdown.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Aren't there analytics out there that hypothesize that even at that point in the field...that's the right play? (To go for it)
  • CA Forever
    I'm sure there is some sort of algorithm that could determine that kind of thing, but I don't know of a specific one of the top of my head. My point was though that it's just really damn refreshing to have a coach that has a killer instinct. That call on the 29 yard line was gutsy. Not a call that even Biggs would have made imho, let alone Gould.
  • Riveraggie
    And we lost the time of possession contest.
  • zythe
    Can you imagine winning at both basketball and football!?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!