• movielover
    If I recall, some think huge changes are coming. ... and I have seen our name pop up a few times on fan boards with a nod to our academics. ... beyond that, it made my head hurt.

Over .500 would be solid.
  • DrMike
    when the whole conference reshuffling game was being played out several years back, i'm guessing a very basic weighting system was used in determining potential additions :

(potential revenues) >>>>>>>>>> (academic ranking)

Pac 12 guy #1 : so, should we add Texas or UC-Davis? Texas is synonymous with football, draws 100,000 per game, would move our footprint into football rabid Texas, and they have the resources to pay us a boatload of money to join. What does Davis bring to the table?

Pac 12 guy #2 : they are the #6 ranked public school in some magazine's survey. They have an adorable dog that gets the kicking tee. The Dixon-Rio Vista corridor is an untapped TV market. Granted, they have a 10000 seat stadium, and would have to move up from FCS....and the local 'major' TV market doesn't realize they play someone besides Sac State..but.....did i mention their academics?

Other Pac 12 guys : Texas it is, and get #2 out of the room.
  • zythe

That was good
  • The Big Easy
    Take a look at these mind boggling numbers re:college football revenue

Texas A&M is #1 followed by Texas.

http://www.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-2016-10/#20-iowa--1060-million-6
  • movielover
    +

Pac 12 guy #3: where again is Davis? Outside Napa?
  • DrMike
    feel free to forward that the Davis Enterprise!
  • zythe

Pac 12 guy #4: If they only had a winery on campus...
  • movielover
    Pac 12 guy #3: ... but I think we'd have PR problem on our hands with these guys ... something about bossing cows around, and using margarine...
  • Goags20172
    And the way they always want blood. (Don't care for that chant).
  • SochorField
    This is so outside the realm of possibility its not even funny.

We have no money and no fan support....and the people that are supposed to get students to the games can't even tie their own shoes.

As far as I know, even North Dakota State isn't entertaining this.

All that said... the program is headed in the right direction. The only thing we should be focused on is trying to get the Idaho State game feed to work tomorrow.
  • movielover
    The Aggie didn't have a single article on Pajamarino, Homecoming, or the game. I don't think even an annoucement.

How did we have 10,500 at Aggie Stadium? If true we have room for at least 2,000 more. Student section had lots of room.
  • agalum

There were a ton of students on the lawn in the south end zone. That area was packed.
  • NCagalum

“greater Dixon-Woodland Metroplex.l”

LOL! you left out Winters and Zamora!
  • aggie6thman
    Dunnigan called, they are upset they were excluded.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    But if the four Yolo County cities of Woodland, Winters & Davis, W. Sac are a metroplex, what would that make Esparto, Yolo, or Guinda? Greater Cache Creek municipality? :P
  • DrMike
    I purposely excluded Dunnigan due to the closing of Bill and Kathy’s. The loss of such an icon can bode well for our quest. First the
    Milk tree then Mr B’s and now Bill and Kathy’s
  • movielover
    Never made The Milk Farm ... foolish of the new owners to bury Mr. B's so quickly ... used to love the schedule painted on the parking lot wall. And the Pub.
  • agalum
    Mike, didnt know you got that far north to miss Bill and Kathy’s! There’s a mexican place there now!
  • movielover
    Never been to either, but made the Somoa Cookhouse.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!