• agalum

First class post! I’m not counting you guys out, but get out injury free!
  • agalum
    My weather site is now saying rain on Saturday from 9am to 1pm and 4pm to 6 pm. What does yours say?

It will be dry by noon, and clear by game time. Take that to the bank :).
  • movielover
    Hey how about the original Fluffys! We miss Mr. Bs and AJ Bumps ..
    Blakes I only went to once.
  • eastbayaggie
    Alright. I guess I have to ditch accuweather if they're this way off.
  • movielover
    Wasn't there a Good Earth restaurant there for a while... quite good.
  • movielover
    New places never seem to replicate or create the vibe ... the new Mr Bs was bigger, more open ... but something is lost.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Enterprise: University Mall redevelopment moving forward

Plans for a major transformation of University Mall are moving forward.

Those plans entail the demolition of the entire mall on Russell Boulevard — except for Trader Joe’s — to be replaced by a mixed-use development of 264 multi-family residential units above more than 136,000 square feet of retail space, in addition to Trader Joe’s. Four levels of residential housing would be built over the retail space and a three-level parking structure.

Currently, University Mall is home to a mix of restaurants, retailers and office space, including Forever 21, Cost Plus World Market and The Graduate restaurant and sports bar, and Brixmor hopes to retain as many of them as possible, the company said.

Some of those businesses have a long history at the site, particularly The Graduate, which has been there since the 1970s.

The mall itself opened in 1966 and has seen periodic changes over the years, including a renovation in 1999.

The mall previously has been home to a Safeway, Harvest Market and Lawrence’s and Gottschalk’s department stores, as well as a Payless, Wherehouse and Rite Aid.

https://www.davisenterprise.com/local-news/university-mall-redevelopment-moving-forward/
  • agalum
    Dunning taking the Ags 31-17. If we score 31, we’ll score 41. 41-17 Ags.
  • DrMike
    I’ll stick with weather underground; they rarely let me down. Shows little chance (<20) between 10 and noon, falling to 5% or so after. Total rainfall predicted to be 0.05 inches. Sounds clear to me. The brim might be damp. Bring a tarp
  • movielover
    Tickets gradually selling. Home side has maybe 200-300 left?

So I'm assuming Walk Ups will buy on visitor side... and the end zones may be less appealing with the sprinkles.

Any idea how student sales went?? I'd 'sell' them any unused tickets near start time.

Possibility of standing room only tickets?
  • DrMike
    So we have 9 pages of comments and we still have TWENTY hours before kickoff. That’s a little different
  • DrMike
    If anyone is hanging around in Davis after the game, maybe we can share a celebratory drink after downtown. I’m staying over
  • agalum

I will need to take the Mrs. home after the game, but its a short drive back. We can visit about it at the game. Finn?
  • DrMike
    I’m staying at the Palm Court. Looking for suggestions for spots downtown where we won’t feel like chaperones!
  • AggieFinn
    I've got my Dad in tote and have to get him back to San Ramon to chill with the Uncle. However....we're talking maybe 7:00 pm? I think we could make an effort to head over there if I can find a place to park the truck.

It's a college town, it's Saturday night...everyone's a chaperone. De Vere's? Pints on me, ringing in another Aggie Victory!
  • agalum

We can ask one of the younger Aggies for a suggestion at the tailgate.

Finn, try to bring extra chairs. Ill bring 4.
  • DrMike
    No need for chairs. Lots of adrenaline pumping!
  • movielover
    Can we compete in the trenches?
  • agalum
    Can we compete in the trenches?

I could easily be wrong, but i dont think theyve seen an offense like ours. If we start clicking, i think we lay a lot of wood on them. Based on their boards, they really down play Maier and our O in general. I think they will be enlightened.
  • agalum

We’ll reserve one for Mrs.Dr. Mike!
  • AggieFinn
    I've got 3 metal chairs.
  • CK2
    Off the radar most of the weekend — out of town — but damn I am so fired up for tomorrow and I won’t even be there. Many of my friends & family will represent. Go AGS.
  • AggieFinn
    Up in the morning and out of the rack,
    Waking up my morning attack

Sitting here sipping cider counting Christmas lights for the tailgate, listening to the rain fall down outside. Soaking in this feeling of anticipation and dreaming big for the boys in Yale Blue and Gold.

Watching Hoosiers! Belief and hard work go a long way!

jimmy-chitwood.jpg

Showers slated to cease at around 8:00 am in Davis.
  • CA Forever
    GAME DAY!

LETS!

GO!

AGGIES!
  • DrMike
    she’s out of town this weekend!! And she is bummed! Commitment she couldn’t get out of
  • smarterray
    Huzzzzaaaaaahhhh
  • DrMike
    Looks dry in Davis this morning?
  • agalum

It’s dry 9 miles to the north. Dumped hard last night. Go Ags!
  • CA Forever
    Weather Channel says very low chance (less than 15%) all AM and down near 0% during game time.
  • DrMike
    I’ll wear my rain boots for the pregame!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!