• NCagalum
    Which LBs are injured?
  • aggie08
    Run defense needs serious work. Last week, thought Cal's running game was just next level. Now, thinking it might just be our defense.
  • NCagalum
    D played better last week regardless. Aggie D needs to be able to stop running game especially in second half. Either lack of depth or just get tired.

Explosive offense only reason Ags won. Is Bland out all season?
  • BlueGoldAg
    We were lucky to escape with a win. I was at the Army @ Michigan game today and, like the Ags, Michigan escaped with a win 24-21 in 2 OT’s. I have a new respect for the triple option when it’s run well like Army did today.
  • SloStang
    Cal Poly’s first team O was in for 8 drives before they started subbing. They scored 7 TDs and 1 FG and did not punt. Looked good.
  • NCagalum
    Head coach Dale Lindsey said it was a fumble and kind of got on his back for being to cute with the ball. He is a very straight shooter.
  • NCagalum
    Dayton -a lower tear pioneer team beat Indiana state of MVFC
  • 69aggie
    I agree. I would not like to be with the team traveling home. D needs a lot of work. That said, USD was really cranked up for this game. A 4 year home win streak like they had is an amazing motivating force and it showed. They did not give up. Ags were a bit on the shall we say over confident or sloppy side of things. I find it kind of reminiscent when the USD announcers/media talk about the Ags being “a scholarship program” and USD is therefore the underdog. Boy, did Sochor ever use that pony trick to our advantage in our DII days to motivate his teams. It works!
  • MTBAggie
    Nothing says happy 15th anniversary like listening to Doug Marsh and Sott Kelly in a hotel room from your husbands phone in Calistoga. Not the W I was hoping for, but go Ags!
  • NCagalum
    I think USD played better to some extent today. USD defense isn’t exactly stellar.
  • NCagalum
    USD obviously up for this one and they played a hell of a game. Give them credit. Just shows how unpredictable college football can be when you are dealing with 18-21 year olds. Exception is BYU. You can add 2 years of age there.
  • BlueGoldAg
    impressive turnaround for Poly!
  • NCagalum
    Interesting that poly can’t run but can pass against Weber.
  • Riveraggie
    Defense is successful in getting turnovers, but gives up too many yards per play.
    Goal the coaches talk about is being disruptive and making the other team execute well consistently to get a score. But thats only half of it. The part that’s missing is limiting how many yards you give up per play.
    We thought last spring that we would have Trimble and Bland but they’re out. We’ve probably got enough linebackers to get the job done but with the exception of Anesi they’re all pretty light. We have a couple of guys who were recruited as DBs in the mix outside linebacker and a couple of JC guys who seem to be walkons in the mix at middle linebacker. We’ve moved Jamison to defensive line and Anesi to rush. Maybe Anesi should move back to the middle and Jamison as a Rush linebacker, so we’re playing more experienced guys at linebacker. Just a thought.
  • movielover
    And how many points were the beloved Band-uh worth?

I recall going to Humboldt, and Chico games, shocked to immediately hear staff and fans say, "Is your band coming?" Not questions about O'Brien or others, no mention of Sochor. Part fear, part admiration. They could turn an away game into a neutral site, or better.
  • SloStang
    Weber State held San Diego State to 6 points. They are stout.
  • Riveraggie
    I remember the Humboldt band providing a illustrated biology lesson on our field where the band members played the part of sperm. Always classy
  • agalum
    Just now got back in my hotel room after a huge scare from the scrappy Torreros. Ags looked brilliant at times, and sloppy at other times. Why we ran 3 running plays in a row in the red zone and got stuffed each time is beyond me. Too many “cute” plays which resulted in us coughing the ball up. USD is well coached and I think they got some of their plays watching Jr from Cal. Their Martinez was a hard running back. Back to the drawing board.

Now its time for a Lyft ride and a big margarita somewhere.
  • SloStang
    Cal Poly up 10-3 on Weber 6:24 left in the 2nd. Hamler long TD run (around 40 yards).
  • NCagalum
    yah. Humboldt band made the Aggie Band look tame. Their women were beyond the pale. Kind of ironic.
  • SochorField
    USD wanted this game more. Very obvious.

Davis better get their sh*t together. I don't know if it was 2 road games in a row in the heat, or what....but the defence needs to play with more desire. Tackling was
    awful - small RB carrying Aggies.
  • movielover
    When was the last time we had a streaker? I recall an afternoon game at Toomey under Biggs (?) where 2 streakers ran from endzone to endzone with just a sock over their privates. Hysterical. Probably a felony today.

I recall the CAMB was spoofing some politician at halftime, guy was caught with cocaine. They pretended the 50 YD Line was coke, and brought our a huge razor blade to cut and snort the 50-yard line!
  • OC Aggie
    Just got back home from San Diego. Whew, what a stressful game. I was optimistic that the Aggies would win but I really did think that they would win by a bigger margin. Too many critical mistakes (e.g. turnovers in the red zone) took care of that. For what it's worth, San Diego had 11.5 minutes more time-of-possession than the Ags. The final minute was absolutely nerve-wracking. It was really difficult to see what happened on the final Torero play; seems a bit more obvious when watching the video clip on the Ags' Twitter page.

But, a win is a win is a win.

I don't know if anyone could tell from the stream, but there were a LOT of Aggie fans at the game. At least half of one side of the stadium seemed to be filled with people wearing blue and gold. It was also very very hot in those stands.
  • SoCalAggie
    Are there highlights or a replay?
  • eastbayaggie
    I don't know if anyone could tell from the stream, but there were a LOT of Aggie fans at the game. At least half of one side of the stadium seemed to be filled with people wearing blue and gold.OC Aggie

Yeah. It was obvious in the stream. If I couldn't visually tell if UCD did well on a certain play, I just listen to the audience reactions. If it's loud, then I knew the play was in UCD's favor.
  • Toke69
    Thanks CA Forever. I was able to watch that tense ending.
  • Toke69
    This makes up for my huge mistake back in 1972 when I went to Hayward and left with the Ags down by 15 and less than 3 minutes to play. You old timers probably remember that Bob Biggs brought the Aggies back to score 16 points. My friends never let e forget that, but I got online in time today to see the Toreros stopped. I hope USD's home record prevents UCD from falling too far in the polls.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I did not Tehran Thomas in the stats. Is he injured?
  • CA Forever
    Yeah Marsh said he got banged up in the Cal game
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hope it isn't serious. He's a big, tough back...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!