• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies head to the Hawaii in a battle with the Rainbow Wahine to stay in first place in the Big West. Hawaii is riding a 6 game winning streak coming into tonight's contest with the Aggies who are coming off an disappointing, home loss to Fullerton last Wednesday. It's never easy to win on the island so the Ags will need to play their best on both ends of the floor to give themselves a chance for a road win over a tough opponent in a tough environment.

Live stream on Big West TV and the radio PxP by Greg Wong on KDVS 90.3 FM at 9 pm PT.

Go Ags!

Current Big West Standings

4wiczemuq7pncmih.png
  • Russ Bowlus
    A tough opponent in a tough environment that is well rested. Aggies got a pretty nasty schedule this year.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies started the game 0-8 but managed to get within one point at the end of the 1st quarter...11-10 Hawaii.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags roar back to take a 33-26 lead into the half.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Close game...Aggies lead 49-43 heading into the 4th quarter.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Wow. Statement game.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Way to take care of business!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags run off with it 65-48. The Aggie defense was terrific. Great win for the Ags on the Island.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggie defense allowed two (2) FGs in the fourth quarter.
  • Russ Bowlus
    "Rebounding is a team effort," say all the coaches. Aggies have clearly bought into that--the team's second leading rebounder (with 7) was Trpcic. :up:
  • 69aggie
    I did notice that the Hi commentators were very complimentary regarding the Aggies and the program in general, especially of Jen Gross. They seemed to want to talk about the Aggies players backgrounds and where they came from (probably they are SOCAL guys anyway) More than they did about HI players. Even knew about our recruits on the bench. Its what you get when you win!
  • abridge
    We listened to Greg Wong's play-by-play while watching the game. It's a bit tricky because the streamed audio from KDVS is about 23 seconds ahead of the video stream. Fortunately there's an app for that! Wong's commentary when viewed against the video was spot on. I'm impressed and hope he lands a quality play-by-play gig for baseball this year.
  • Russ Bowlus

Highlights from Greg Wong.
  • 69aggie
    I wonder about the Nina broken hand injury outcome. At first she was going to get a MRS. then no. If it was the broken hand injury we will never know due to privacy rules. Was she denied by the NCAA? Anyway, good to get her back on the court.
  • Zander
    Maybe staff decided it was better to have her here for a tournament run?

The odds of going to postseason again massively increase by the game.
  • DrMike
    here is a question for those of you that follow the womens' program closer than me.....do they EVER lose in the Doubleheader opener? I think i've made all but one of the DH's over the past 2 or 3 seasons, and I've only witnessed victories (usually romps). i'm thinking of finding a bookie who specializes in mid-major women's basketball....
  • Russ Bowlus
    I think it's a function of the fact that they just don't lose much at home.

From this week's game notes: " Standing 10-3 at home this season, the Aggies are a combined 48-7 at The Pavilion over the last three-plus years and have posted a winning home mark in each of the last seven seasons -- including double-digit wins in each of the last four."
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!