• BlueGoldAg
    The Ags typically play a 30-32 game schedule each year. There will be 20 Big West Conference games this year with the addition of Bakersfield and UC San Diego to the conference along with 10-12 non-conference games. I'll update this post regularly as we get news about the 2021-22 schedule.

11/11 vs Whitman College
    11/23 vs Sac State @ the Golden 1 Center
    12/01 vs Pacific
    12/14 @ Oregon State
    12/17 @ Pacific
    12/22 vs Portland
    01/22 @ UCSB
    01/29 vs Long Beach State
    02/22 vs UCSB
    03/03 @ Long Beach State

TBA:

vs Arkansas State
    vs Eastern Washington

Uncertain:

11/09 @ Utah State
  • BlueGoldAg
    Finally! I think the Ags and Pacific should play a home and home each year.

• BlueGoldAg
    I was talking with Coach Les 2 years ago and I asked him why don't we play the northern California WCC teams more often (Pacific, Santa Clara, St Mary's and San Francisco)? I think these would be popular games with the fans and easy travel for the teams.

He said he tries to schedule these teams but they aren't all that interested in playing us. He said that Gonzaga puts a lot of pressure on the WCC teams to keep their SOS and RPI high so that it looks better when the Zags play them. He said those teams think they have more to lose than gain by playing us in that respect so they are reluctant to schedule us.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I guess if I was Gonzaga I’d think the same way. It’s just an unfortunate byproduct of the current system
  • BlueGoldAg
    It looks like our pre-conference schedule is shaping up nicely this year.

• Oldbanduhalum
    nice gets for the Ags. EWU had a good run last year, though I think they lost their two best players to the portal.

Just checked the 21-22 roster and it looks like Hogland is no longer in the program. He wasn’t healthy enough to make an impact last year.
  • DrMike
    there’s a Facebook post that said Hogland will be playing for the Japanese Olympic team. Great experience for him
  • movielover
    Another big man departure. I'm not sure why we recruit them.
  • 69aggie
    Maybe he comes back?
  • DrMike
    article I read said he was out most of last year with hand injury (grad transfer) and he’s now perusing a professional career
  • DrMike
    He is joining Chima Mineke, who is playing for Nigeria. Same Nigeria that beat the USA tonight in an exhibition!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Wow...look at how powerful Chima has become...

• BlueGoldAg
    The Ags and the Hornets will tangle in the Causeway Classic at the Golden 1 Center on Tuesday, November 23rd. Time to be arranged.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Good to hear. Always a fun time to get some food downtown and watch the Ags dominate!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies will travel to Corvallis to play Oregon State this fall TBA:

• Oldbanduhalum
    And Utah St. Seems like the OOC is coming together quite well

• BlueGoldAg
    I edited my first post in this thread and made a list of the scheduled games we have found so far for this season. I'll update that post regularly as we get news about the 2021-22 schedule

The Ags typically play a 30-32 game schedule each year. There will be 20 Big West Conference games this year with the addition of Bakersfield and UC San Diego to the conference along with 10-12 non-conference games. I'll update this post regularly as we get news about the 2021-22 schedule.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Thanks BGA! That's one of the better OOCs that I can remember.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I agree, Obda. The home schedule is much more interesting than normal. I'm looking forward to this season. I think we will have quite a bit of depth and will be significantly improved this year.
  • DrMike
    I was planning on season tickets for the first time; this schedule makes that an easy decision
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I agree! I think there are a lot of givens on this team. I'm pretty sure Manjon, Pepper, Fuller, Anigwe all give us basically what they gave us last year (or maybe a step higher). I hope we get another contributor in the middle, either Bora, Murphy or McGill, and someone who fills in for Squire's minutes, Milling and Ba I would think. If that all comes together, we should be very competitive.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We aren't that big but I like our athleticism and depth. I'd rather have players that may not be that tall but have good leaping ability, are quick and play taller than their size.

We're a predominately young team and I like the talent we have coming in. Hopefully, Milling will be able to step right in and Debruhl looks like he can light it up from beyond the arc. Lose and Niles are both very athletic also. It's going to be a fun team to watch this year.
  • movielover
    If I'm the opposing team (I'm not an expert on our squad now), I go at Anigwe right away. Wear him down, get him in foul trouble. Control the boards and paint.

Disrupt our best wing, and let the Ags try to win via the 3.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I think that's a good game plan. Most teams that we'll play won't have a dominant inside game, so hopefully Anigwe can stay out of foul trouble. But it will certainly be a key to many of the games. I am optimistic that Murphy can give us some quality minutes. He showed glimpses, in limited action last year, of being an effective interior defender. And it will be interesting to see if Bora's time with the Italian U19 team accelerates his development.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags will host the Portland Pilots on 12/22. There is no game scheduled with Portland State at this point.

• Oldbanduhalum
    ah you’re right. Maybe they’ll add one
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!