• movielover
    AthLinkd@AthLinkd
    ·
    Dec 25
    "Six months into the 2022 transfer season and trends can be determined. Only 1/4 FBS transfers find a new school, and FCS/D2 see even lower commitment rates despite a similar number of entries. There are an estimated 3150 uncommitted transfers since July per AthLinkd's database."

FBS = 1300 transfers, 300 have new homes (roughly 23%)

FCS = 1100 transfers, 100 have new homes (roughly 10%)
  • CA Forever
    New offer on 6'4 WR Laviel Pickett out of Redlands East Valley High School! Senior season he had 900 yards and 17 touchdowns.

• movielover
    Great size, sleeper?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Long and slender at 6'4 and 175 lbs. I'm sure they'll have him in the weight room getting bigger and stronger if he commits. He currently has an offer from Redlands also.

• AggieFinn
    Looking for the next Keelan Doss
  • CA Forever
    As they say... Can't teach size.
  • CA Forever
    New offer on 3 star ATH Nijah Richards out of Scripps Ranch in San Diego. Played WR and DB in high school. GO AGS!

• movielover
    Has DII offers including Bkack Hills, and offers from Valpo and USD. Visited Arizona. Claims he has speed.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Going after largely overlooked, hungry players is typical of Aggie recruiting. The Ags are pretty good at finding diamonds-in-the-rough who can be developed into impact players.
  • CA Forever
    A dead period just ended so I wouldn't be surprised to a new wave of offers coming in soon
  • DrMike
    Signing day reveal is February 2
  • movielover
    DLineVids@dlinevids1
    · Jan 4
    One of the best DL in NorCal is STILL AVAILABLE!

2022 DE/TE @kai_wallin • 6’6” 230
    12 Sacks (including a 5-sack game)
    *League DLOTY
    *All-Metro 1st Team @sacbee_news
    *All-Section 2nd Team @SacMaxPreps
    *All-State Nominee @CalHiSports

** Offer - UC Davis (PWO) **
    http://hudl.com/v/2G0iVJ
  • AggieFinn

and we only PWO'd him?
  • movielover
    I saw Jesuit basketball play this week, and he is their third best player. (Their second best player is Peja Stojaković's son.) Wallin got well above the rim for one dunk, and guarded a 310 pound Center (he's good, and only a Soph). MBB should look at Jesuit's two guards, Stojaković (6'7" Jr) and Jayden Teat (JT, 6'2" Jr). Both probably Pac12 bound.

I have no idea how tough their football league is. His 5 sack game came against Sheldon, all recorded in the first half, including 3 in a row.
  • DrMike
    Strange that a highly decorated player only has a single PWO offer. Size? Too small for DL, not enough speed for LB?
  • movielover
    You guys are the experts, not me. 6'6", 230, broad shoulders & athletic. I'm puzzled. Lack of speed (explosion) for DE or lack of top competition?

I recall being puzzled why Ryan Parenteau had few offers, and some interested colleges backed away. Stellar high school career, limited tape showed a beast. I posted about him several times. We finally signed him, what a steal.
  • Riveraggie
    According to the huddle stats, he’s reasonably fast, not so much in the 40 as the 100. His bench press is pretty pathetic as listed, might be a typo. Pretty good vertical.
    The bar is very high to get a scholarship.
  • DrMike
    I’m no expert; just trying to figure why such a promising prospect is getting no run.

I think this portal stuff and the extra COVID is making it hard for high schoolers to get offers
  • Riveraggie
    I may be wrong but I don’t see the transfer changes helping us much attracting transfers. Rule changes eliminated the advantage FCS schools had as transfer destinations for FBS players wanting to play immediately. The rules make it easier for someone to transfer from an FCS school but no difference for FBS transfers moving down, because they didn’t have to sit out before. . Those guys can now go to another FBS school and play right away. On the other hand our players can go to FBS and play right away now. So net result is we’ll lose more transfers and gain fewer over the long term. We’ve hardly ever had a player transfer from another FCS program and make an impact.
  • CA Forever
    New offer on a JC defensive tackle out of Texas. GO AGS!

• movielover
    Players STILL entering the transfer portal. 247 Sports shows at least 11 new FBS players entering the portal in less than 24 hours.

Early 2022 Commits

NDSU - 31 (31 HS)
    UND - 24 (20 HS)
    Montana State - 16
    Montana - 12, + 2 recent transfers
    EWU - 10 (8 HS)
    Cal Poly SLO - 10 (7 HS)
    SDSU - 14

[Edited - addition]
  • Riveraggie
    South Dakota State, that team with the reported advantage over us in scholarships due to COVID exemption rules signed 14 for the December signing day.
    So we have some catching up to do, if we plan to compete.
  • agalum

I go every year. Its fun with opportunity to visit with coaches and a few players. This year I’m especially interested in what they come up with.
  • 88Aggie
    Do you think they are holding back on scholarship offers until the possible athletic fee referendum is settled? Or do you think they want time to really scour the portal more than they ever have?
  • CA Forever
    It appears we've landed a WR transfer from San Jose State. Welcome to Andre Crump Jr! Go Ags!

• movielover
    Does anyone know how we evaluate transfers? Do they take a physical, workout?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Crump played at Monterey Trail HS in Elk Grove and was listed as 5'10 and 180. He was offered by William & Mary and EWU before he accepted a PWO at SJSU in 2019.
  • CA Forever
    Yep. He didn't have many notable stats while at SJSU, but during his senior season had over 800 yards and 13 touchdowns. He averaged over 20 yards per reception.
  • movielover
    SJSU looks to be very deep at WR. SJSU: "2019: Saw action in all 12 games... Caught six passes for 118 yards and a touchdown... ... His first major college touchdown catch was a 30-yard pass from quarterback Nick Nash at Air Force (9/27)"

Multi sport in HS including track, volunteered for multiple charities, looks like a high character young man.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!