• BlueGoldAg
    Well, I like that we at least offering some 3 star athletes who have quite a few FBS offers but, unfortunately, we're 0 for 5 so far. I sure would like to see of few of these athletes take a more serious look at the benefits of being an Aggie and what Hawk is building here.
  • AggieFinn
    With recent news that the Pac 12 is taking a hit on members in the coming years, I'd expect fringe Pac 12 recruits to make the leap...then again, schools that know, or are negotiating a switch to the Big 10 / Big 12 will be getting more interest from west coast kids.

The Aggies need to land a big time QB. Maybe he's already on the roster and I'm ignorant, but who's leading this team now?
  • zythe
    I believe Hunter Rodrigues graduated and is now playing semi or pro football in Sweden?
  • Riveraggie
    I’m far from an expert on what recruits think but it doesn’t seem to me that moving to the Big10 would help UCLA or USC’s recruiting appeal. It just gives them more time in airplanes and games in snow. Teams making the move played as many tough teams as they wanted, now their schedule will be tougher week in and week out, but is that an incentive for recruits? Maybe for the ones that have a high enough profile for endorsements, but the Los Angeles schools already had exposure.
  • 69aggie
    So I think the OT board is off line. Just want to say that Aggie alum Sister Simone Campbell ‘77 was just awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by the president at the White House and our university has yet to even mention it. I met sister Simone one time when she was a 1L and she was a person you could just tell was to be a formidable warrior in the fight for human rights. And she did that and more. I was told she played a decent second base on the gals team. Never saw it. But it qualifies now for this thread! Go Nuns On The Bus!!!
  • CA Forever
    We've landed our first commitment!

3 star dual threat QB David Rasor has announced his commitment to play for the Aggies! Last season as a junior, David threw for 2365 yards with 34 passing touchdowns to lead the Sea Kings to a 9-3 record! GO AGS!

Also your fun fact for this commitment is that based on 247's rating system, Rasor is currently the highest rated QB committed to a FCS school for the class of 23! This means very little in terms of future success, but still kind of cool.

• CA Forever
    We just landed our 2nd commitment!

2 star OL/DL Malik Cleveland commits to play for the Aggies immediately after receiving an offer. Kid already has monster size standing at 6'3 305. GO AGS!

• AggieFinn
    Little more on Rasor:

• CA Forever
    New OL commit!

Cristian Viola has committed to play for the Aggies and held offers from Idaho and Stetson. He is a really tall dude, standing at 6'7 and has time to fill into that frame. GO AGS!

• CA Forever
    Offer out on TE/S Brock Lium out of Redlands! GO AGS!

• CA Forever
    Bam! 3 star OL Izaiah Souriolle has committed to UC DAVIS!

• CA Forever
    New offer out on DL/OL/TE AJ Hasson from... Davis! GO AGS!

• movielover
    Were any recruits at our San Diego game?
  • CA Forever
    New offer on Menlo Atherton DE David Tangilanu! GO AGS!

• Joey91
    Yes, I saw a few from a distance, no details.
  • CA Forever
    New offer out on OL Matthew Staycer out of Torrey Pines! GO AGS!

Interesting we have 3 OL commits and are continuing to add offers

• AggieFinn
    Bring in Large Men.
  • CA Forever
    New offer on 3 star 6'4 WR Robbie Mascheroni out of Moraga!

• 69aggie
    Did I get this message right they fired up the steam engine at the game on Saturday? Well, guess what we won. Who would have thought that.
  • CA Forever
    New offer on 5 star long snapper Trent Middleton from Orange Lutheran High School! GO AGS!

(Kickers, punters, and long snappers use a different star rating system. 5 star rating basically means a FBS talent level player)

• CA Forever
    DL David Tangilanu commits to BYU
  • CA Forever
    We've made Robbie Mascheroni's top 6!

Kid is already 6'4 and 200 lbs. He's having a monster season at Campolindo with 895 yards over 8 games with 13 TDs. Would be a big time get.

• AggieFinn
    Talk about good options for your future.
  • CA Forever
    No kidding, but why get an elite education on the east coast when you can get one right down the street :wink:
  • CA Forever
    Uh oh. Washing has swooped in with an offer on Mascheroni right after he announced his top 6. Hopefully that doesn't shake things up, but Pac12 offers carry weight with the kids.

• BlueGoldAg
    You can see the excitement in his tweet on the Washington offer. He has two exclamation points at the end of sentence announcing the offer. In all likelihood, he's a goner....
  • CA Forever
    I'm hoping the draw of playing locally is a big factor, but yeah this offer is likely not a good sign for us.
  • lucche
    He may not even get to play there. There ate many 4 star athletes who rode the pine for 5 years and never got a chance to show their talent.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It's true that there are a lot of highly talented, heavily recruited athletes who rarely get to play at the power conference schools during their athletic careers. Many of them could be starters on the top FCS teams and perhaps play for a national championship in addition to getting a high quality education. Unfortunately, the lure of the big programs is often like a moth to a flame though.
  • CA Forever
    DB Malachi Ward from Diablo Valley College has received an offer! GO AGS!

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!