• Jackbacker2
    Normally I would not read the article; but I was offended by the headline. I have never heard about the Minnesota Crookstone Golden Eagles, but I look at the headline as saying more about us than Crookston.

The UC Davis Equestrian Team opened up the Spring portion of their schedule with a dominant victory against the Minnesota Crookston Golden Eagles. Winning the point total 15-0 and recording a whopping 1161 points, UC Davis posted their most lopsided win in program history. This breaks the past record-setting win of a 15-5 win against South Dakota State last year in the ECAC Championships.

Does anyone have thoughts or comments?
  • AggieFinn
    Go Equestrian Team.
  • AggieFinn2
    I didn't care for the headline either, thought it was unprofessional and somewhat condescending. The participants are expected to practice good sportsmanship, you would expect the same from journalists.

However, I read the article, did a Google search and MOP stands for "Most Outstanding Player" in equestrian, so it seems the author of the article was trying for a clever pun.
  • fugawe09
    I knew Crookston sounded familiar… former vice chancellor of student affairs Fred Wood went there as their chancellor some years ago.
  • Jackbacker2
    Wow nice pull. Met Fred many years ago, was very nice in our interaction.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!