• cmt
    I’m looking at that second round matchup with Idaho or Montana State since we didn’t play either one this year. I guess South Dakota also.
  • cmt
    Missed the Idaho spot. No Sac yet either.
  • AggieFinn
    The opening round games look very competitive so far.

Consensus seems to be that this second bracket will be stacked...ie, the potential bracket Davis is in.
  • CA Forever
    Sac State is in
  • MTBAggie
    Sac State in...
  • cmt
    Sac St in against North Dakota. Winner gets South Dakota.
  • cmt
    Yeah, we’re probably out. NDSt in the Montana St pod. Unless they want to give us a potential rematch with Montana.
  • AggieFinn
    If it holds, looks like Davis will play in the 2nd Rd. Montana branch.

nevemind, Jesus
  • cmt
    Left out again.
  • CA Forever
    Aggies season is done. 1 win short...

For one last time this season... GO AGS!
  • MTBAggie
    No playoffs this year.
  • agalum
    Bummer
  • AggieFinn
    Thet loss to NAU killed us. Played Montana tough, when they were at their worst, horrible time to not finally beat EWU...who has proven to be very mediocre to bad this season. Didn't blow Cal Poly out...
  • CA Forever
    If we had beaten any of EWU, Montana, or NAU we're in. Can't blame injuries as all teams deal with them, but you would have to think if Larison stays healthy the whole season we have at least 1 more win.

That being said, tough to justify being a playoff team if our effectiveness is entirely dependent on 1 player.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I am not surprised but I will say this, after what we saw last year and now this, the committee has no respect for the Aggies. If either of the Montana's were in a similar position as we were today, they'd be in.
  • 72Aggie
    Hope Sac enjoys the holiday trip to North Dakota.
  • CA Forever
    I was having this conversation this morning with a family member. I'm not saying that the Aggies do deserve to be in this year, but I think there are certain programs that get preferential treatment based on name alone.
  • AggieFinn

Sounds like Western Carolina was another screw-job, and that Chattanooga shouldn't have been in.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's for sure. The Montanas and the Dakotas get preferential treatment.
  • movielover
    Lack of halftime adjustments (or lack of execution) killed us.
  • CA Forever
    That and we we're tied at 78th in the country for turnovers lost. Can't turn the ball over that much and expect to be in the playoffs.

Although one of the teams we were tied with is Idaho... so maybe you can.
  • movielover
    Did our O game plan look refreshed yesterday? I actually saw a fly sweep... bubble screen... and a trick play.

And if LL has the best arm on the team, he seems to have problems executing. He underthrew the deep (open) route yesterday.
  • AggieFinn
    When Larison went down earlier in the season the offense completely stalled...the second half of the EWU game, the NAU game, the Poly game -- the committee had to notice how anemic the offense was without #3. Hastings showed he's not a game winner, so many turnovers, and turnovers returned for TDs as well. It was turnovers vs. Montana that essetentially lost the game. Absolutely terrible offensive effort in Flagstaff in terms of protectiing the football.
  • Riveraggie

The bashing Hastings on interceptions is overdone, He had 7 interceptions in conference play, only the two Montana schools had fewer than 6. He had three in one game, the last of which was after the game was decided.
  • movielover
    I never understood the predictable use of downhill RB Chukwudobe as a blocker only and with a team with few playmakers, not playing Babbs.

Yesterday we faked a handoff to JC, which they didn't buy, bc we never give him the ball! Perez doesn't seem to break plays. Babbs broke a 64 yard reception, and then didn't play. Chaz Davis is a lengthy WR who had 8 catches one game, and then was featured less or couldn't get open?

Fisher looks great at RB.
  • movielover
    And one pick it looks like the receiver broke the wrong way.
  • Zander
    I feel like I could construct an argument that it's no big deal that Davis relies on an individual's talent that much. We can't go shopping in the portal like other schools in the field can. Occasionally some skill players of insane talent who also have the grades like LL, Doss, Gilliam, Manzanares back in the day, etc take an interest in what our program has to offer and pretty much by necessity the ball ends up going to them most plays.
  • SochorField
    Yesterday was a fantastic finish to an average season.

Committee was never going to leave out a team ranked in the top-15 for the entire season (Sac), and Davis wasn't good enough to warrant letting 5 teams in from the Big Sky.
  • movielover
    Slack beat a weak Stanford.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!