• 72Aggie
    This year's Causeway Cup is off to a great start with the Aggie women's soccer team shutting out Sac, 3-0, on the road. 3-0 in soccer is a rout.

Cup score is UCD 5, CSUS 0.

Next up is volleyball on September 12, also in Sacramento.
  • 72Aggie
    Aggies defeated Sac State 3-1 (25-18, 25-19, 15-25, 25-21) in volleyball at Sacramento tonight.

Cup Score is UCD 10, CSUS 0.

Next event is men's soccer on October 28 in Davis.
  • 72Aggie
    Aggie men's soccer fell to Sac, 1-0, this evening.

Cup Score is UCD 10, CSUS 5.

Next events are men's and women's cross country at the NCAA west regionals on November 10 in Sacramento.
  • 72Aggie
    In the NCAA Cross Country West Regionals held today in Sacramento the UCD women placed 7th of 39 teams with 180 points while CSUS women placed 24th with 703 points.

In the men's competition the UCD men placed 19th ot 32 teams with 500 points while CSUS did not place as only four of the five Hornet runners completed the course.

A congratulations goes out to UCD's Brianna Weidler who placed 6th and SIerra Atkins who placed 9th overall in the women's competition. That's two top ten finishes!

"Running" (Ha!) Causeway Cup score is now UCD 20, CSUS 5. The next event is football at Davis on the 18th.
  • 72Aggie
    With today's football victory the Causeway Cup score is UCD 25, CSUS 5.

Next event is women's basketball, this coming Tuesday, the 21st, in Sacramento.
  • 72Aggie
    And with this evening's convincing women’s basketball win the Causeway Cup score is now UCD 30, CSUS 5. Next event, and the final event for 2023, is men's basketball this Sunday the 26th in Davis.

Go Ags!
  • 72Aggie
    With the loss in men's basketball the Causeway Cup score is UCD 30, CSUS 10.

Next scheduled event is gymnastics on January 7th in Davis.
  • 72Aggie
    Interesting result from one of those fall season events for winter or spring sports: The women's golf teams both competed in an event in Kapolei, Hawai'i on October 23-25, the Wahine Invitational at the Kapolei Golf Course. UCD finished 2nd of 16 teams with an overall score of 863 storkes while Sac, which had a great and young women's team last year, finished 11th at 891. There are a lot of reasons off-season events do not represent what will happen in the scheduled season, and they have never been included in the Causeway Cup results, (back when the schools kept a better track of such things,) so I have not included it in this unofficial tally.

EDIT: The UCD website does include this event and has the score as UCD 31.67, CSUS 5. (The UCD site has not yet been updated for the result of the men's basketball game.)...Sac's website does not have a page for the Cup.
  • 72Aggie
    UCD defeated Sac in gymnastics, 194.875-193.125, in Davis on Sunday, Jan. 7.

Running Causeway score is UCD 34.17 - CSUS 10 if you count the fall competition in women's golf. It's UCD 32.5, CSUS 10 if you don't.

Next Causeway event is a return gymnastics match in Sacramento on Groundhog Day.
  • 72Aggie
    Not an official Causeway event, (to the extent there is a recognized Causeway competition anymore,) however on the morning of the football game the UCD men's rugby club defeated Slack, 36-12.
  • 69aggie
    Rugby is such a great spectator sport! My best friend played in law school. Especially when you can get right onto the sidelines and see the action up close. I used to ride my bike to campus on a Saturday and see the men’s and woman’s games for awhile right on Russell. They were so entertaining to watch. And UCD was then a very good rugby team both men and woman. We used to beat Stanford and BYU regularly. Cal not so much. It is Such a great sport for young men and woman to play college sports who can’t quite make to and ICA D1 team. Looking good for our current squad. I wish we had a Dean witter guy who could write a check to at least fund a full time rugby coach like witter did for cal. Then we could compete on a level playing field with the Cal’s and byu. Hey, it’s now an official Olympic sport!
  • 72Aggie
    Sac defeated UCD in gymnastics by .05 points, 194.675-194.625, in Sacramento yesterday, Feb. 2.

Running Causeway score is UCD 34.17 - CSUS 12.5 if you count the fall competition in women's golf. It's UCD 32.5, CSUS 12.5 if you don't.

Next Causeway event is women's golf this coming Monday and Tuesday,February 5-6. when both teams compete at the Long Beach Invitational, Seal Beach CC, Seal Beach, CA...(weather permitting....)
  • 72Aggie
    Weather is not permitting and the Long Beach Invitational women’s golf tournament has been canceled. Next Causeway event is softball on February 11 in Davis.

Adjusting for the reduced number of meetings in women's golf the Causeway score is now UCD 35 - CSUS 12.5 if you count the women's fall golf meet and UCD 32.5 - CSUS 12.5 if you don't.
  • 72Aggie
    Sac defeated UCD in softball, 4-1, yesterday.

Running Causeway score is UCD 35 - CSUS 15 if you count the fall competition in women's golf. It's UCD 32.5, CSUS 15 if you don't.

Next Causeway event is women's golf on February 26-27 at the Causeway Invitational in Sacramento.
  • 72Aggie
    At the end of the first day of the Causeway Classic after two rounds Sac's women's golf team sits comfortably in first place at three over par with a score of 579 strokes (285, 294). Davis is in third place at 13 over par with a score of 589 strokes (291, 298). The event concludes tomorrow.
  • 72Aggie
    Ags outplayed Sac in women's golf at the Causeway Classic however it was not enough to overcome Sac's first day lead. Sac won the event with 878 strokes while UCD finished second with 883.

Running Causeway score is UCD 35 - CSUS 17.5 if you count the fall competition in women's golf. It's UCD 32.5, CSUS 20 if you don't.

Next event is softball in Sacramento this Thursday as part of the Capitol Classic event.
  • 72Aggie
    Today's softball game was canceled due to weather. According to the Sac athletic website, "The two teams will attempt to make up the game at a later date."
  • DrMike
    shouldn’t that be 17.5 for Sac in the ‘if you don’t count’ category ?
  • 72Aggie
    This is why I was a soft science (poli sci) major and not a math major, however if you don't count the fall tournament, and given the cancelation of the Long Beach Tournament in early February the teams would only meet once, in the Causeway "Classic," and all 5 points for women's golf would be awarded for that. As my kids will assure you, I may be wrong.

[Edit - March 26th....I just noticed that the women's golf teams are competing in the Fresno State Classic on March 25th and 26th. Sac has a large lead over Davis after Monday's competition was suspended due to darkness on Monday. In any event this will cause me yet another math headache.]

Next scheduled Causeway event is baseball in Sacramento this coming Tuesday, March 5th.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies beat Sac 10-5 in baseball tonight.
  • 72Aggie
    With the baseball win (!!!!) the running Causeway Score is UCD 36.67, CSUS 17.5 if you count the fall women's golf match, or UCD 34.17, CSUS 20, if you don't.

Next scheduled Causeway event is beach volleyball on March 24th at the Big West Challenge. Both schools list the tournament as a home event. (???)
  • 69aggie
    Great Washington post article on Teresa Gould being the new Pac 2 commissioner today. She is In almost an impossible situation. I always thought she was just great when she was here. Can she pull this very bad situation out? She needs new conference members and she is forbidden from poaching the WAC by contacting rules. Yet she sits on a PAC 2 endowment of millions of dollars. Could she patch together a mix of BWC and BWC schools to do this. You only have to have 6 colleges with 6 sports to do this according to NCAA rule as I understand the NCAA rules. Should this be an option? Or even possible?
  • abridge
    If the PAC 2 could let football go its own way I'd love to see the Big West UC's join them. Many of the Olympic sports would be served. Create a conference that is the secular version of the WCC I know...football...but the travel would be manageable, the schools have lots in common not the least of which is academic achievement. But I have no idea what it would take for the UC's to leave the Big West.
  • 72Aggie
    It doesn't count on the Causeway Cup tally, (if that really exists outside of this website anymore) but Davis finished in second place in the MPSF Gymnastics championships with 196.525 points, ahead of third place Sac which had 196.125 points. Southern Utah was first and Alaska Anchorage was fourth in the four team event.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2024/3/23/womens-gymnastics-uc-davis-places-second-at-the-mpsf-championship.aspx
  • 72Aggie
    UCD defeated Sac in beach volleyball in the Big West Challenge yesterday in a match in Sacramento. Running Causeway score is now UCD 41.67, CSUS 17.5 if you count the fall women's golf match, or UCD 39.17, CSUS 20, if you don't.

Next scheduled Causeway event is baseball on March 26th in Davis.
  • 72Aggie
    Two results to report.

In women’s golf CSUS finished 4th of 21 teams in the Fresno State Classic with a three round score of 881. UCD finished 13th with a score of 896.

In baseball today the Ags hung on in the ninth to preserve a 3-2 victory over Sac. When was the last time we beat them in baseball twice in a season?

The golf event snuck up on me, so I have re-tweaked, yet again, the running score. I have it now as UCD 40.84, CSUS 20 if you don’t count the odd fall golf event, UCD 42.51, CSUS 18.34 if you do. There is still one unknown out there. The softball game which was canceled due to weather on February 29th has not been rescheduled. If that game is not rescheduled then CSUS gets another 2.5 points.

Next scheduled event is men’s golf at the El Macero Classic on April 12-14.
  • 72Aggie
    UCD outplayed Sac in men's golf at the El Macero Classic held this weekend. The Ags finished in 8th place with a final score of 895 while the Hornets placed 11th with 907 strokes.

I have the running score now as UCD 45.84, CSUS 20 if you don’t count the odd fall women's golf event, and UCD 47.51, CSUS 18.34 if you do. In any event the 45+ points gives UCD the Causeway Cup for 2023-24.

The canceled softball game still has not been rescheduled. If that game is not rescheduled, and it doesn’t look like it will be, then CSUS is arguably entitled to an additional 2.5 points.

Next scheduled events are men’s tennis in Davis on April 18th followed by women’s tennis, also in Davis, on the following day.
  • 72Aggie
    UCD men defeated Sac in tennis today, 4-0.

Add 5 to the UCD scores above.

Women meet tomorrow in Davis
  • 72Aggie
    UCD women defeated Sac in tennis today, 4-0.

Add 5 to the UCD scores above.

Next scheduled event is the Causeway Dual track and field competitions next Friday, the 26th in Sacramento.

The 2023-34 "competition" concludes with a baseball game in Sacramento on Tuesday the 30th.
  • 72Aggie
    Sac swept the Causeway Duals track & field meet in Sacramento yesterday. The team scores were CSUS 104, UCD 83 (men) and CSUS 114, UCD 84 (women).

I have the Causeway score as UCD 55.84, CSUS 32.5 if you don't count the fall women's golf score and UCD 57.51, CSUS 30.84 if you do.

The final event for 2023-24 is the third of three baseball games to be played this coming Tuesday, April 30, at Sacramento.

Go Ags!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!