• SochorField
    Huh? D-2? Must not have had a full offer from Davis?
  • Riveraggie
    My feeling is that the defensive JC guys we got last year are representative of what we can get from JC and since they’re in the running to play more next year, along with returning players and red shirts; does it make sense to recruit more players for just a couple of years? We’re not lacking players, we are lacking all league type of players and we are going to have to grow our own by recruiting freshmen and developing them. Obviously there are exceptions but we shouldn’t bring in large JC classes.
  • movielover
    I understand the Big Sky is tough, but we're something like #115 in defense in the FCS. I don't think moving up to #100 will cut it. Is it the players, coaches, scheme? Tucker had big success at the JC level, but we rarely stopped anybody last year. And now the competition increases.

We need to do something. Unless we want to conclude it was just a youth issue. I'm not saying large, but how about a pass rusher or solid DT?
  • Riveraggie
    We need to hope Dr, Mike’s source was right about the scout team. There are some redshirt DLs. Maybe one of our freshmen DBs can win a job. Some underclassmen have to step up. Our returning starters need to improve, Our coaches need to do better. I just wouldn’t expect us to land a transfer who is going to start for us. Maybe I’m wrong.
  • movielover
    We seem to have a solid group of Sophomores, a huge bunch. But #110 or #115 in defense is way down. I'm hoping improved special teams play helps, and maturity. But we have a long way to go.
  • Riveraggie
    Looking on the bright side, our defense had its moments. There is some talent returning, plus all the underclass men, redshirts and freshmen.
    I think we can be a lot better than 110 to 115. If not it’s coaching. But our coaches have records for success. I’d like to see improvement in special teams kick coverage. Little improvements can add up. Offense will be better.
  • movielover
    No Bob Foster here, but I hope / think ST and a better pass rush would help. And tackling.
  • Riveraggie
    I agree with you on the need for improvement. I hope last years recruiting class has a few additional players who can really contribute because we brought in 30 guys. We'll find out soon. If you look at both last year's and this year's additions, we have recruited every position. I hope we hear some good reports out of spring practice
  • movielover
    Hawkins already lauded Mr. Perryman, and Cam Trimble was supposed to be a BEAST... Fabian Hunkin (?) Is also a big man. Frosh LB Airey (20 tackles) and Duncan (30 tackles) had an impact... on offense we should see Harrell back at WR (6'2") and Carson Crawford.

Edited.
  • CA Forever
    LB Tama Tuitele has committed to Navy.

Do you mean Cam Trimble?
  • SochorField
    Gunner Faulk commits! #QBU
  • CA Forever
    Was just getting ready to post this! Nice local pick up for the Aggies!
  • CA Forever
    All the better that we landed a local stud considering the only other QB we still had an offer out on got his preferred walk on to Alabama bumped up to a full ride offer :-O
  • movielover
    Opp, yes.

Awesome that Gunner committed!!
  • BlueGoldAg
    This kid has the potential to be an outstanding QB for the Aggies. He completed 65% of his passes in his senior year at Christian Brothers for 3100 yards and 55 TD's and rushed for 650 yards. Welcome to #shredville!
  • Riveraggie
    Does anyone have any observation regarding Gunner Faulk in comparison with Hunter Rodriguez, another “local” to Sacramento Area QB, but with one year at American River? Both had great HS stats, both similar size.
  • Goags20172
    I honestly didn't even know ARC had a good football team until I heard about Hunter Rodrigues' accomplishments. Of course I follow community college football not at all so that's to be expected.
  • movielover
    From tape, it looks like Gunner is extremely mobile. Over 600 yards rushing in one year. I thought I read Rodriguez was mobile, but I think his rushing numbers at ARC were low. There may have been an injury in HS or beginning of ARC that impacted that. Need a better source. I think Gunner transferred in from out of state which may be why he didn't have more attention.

FYI, WR recruit Lance Babb*** has followed our Doss updates.
  • Riveraggie
    Gunner had notable success at Pace Academy in Georgia. Multi year starter, started some games as a freshman.
    Hunter rushed for 14 touchdowns 4.0 average longest 62 yards. 478 yards total
  • movielover
    We have offered a Preferred Walk On to Adam Meyer, TE/H/WR, 6'5" 212/220 from Ocean View. Has PWO opportunities with Valpo, SMU, and an iffer from USD.

https://mobile.twitter.com/adammey99
  • movielover
    We have offered long snapper John Aloma of Moorpark College, a redshirt freshman. Via twitter. 6'0", 210#.
  • 69aggie
    I know there just the tapes, but i agree with movie that we may have got ourselves a real jem in Gunner Faulk. I went back and looked at some of the sac bee stories on him and it is obvious tha he is not only a gifted athlete, but a kid with a lot of moxie and character. He is a kid who moved around a lot because of his military dad. That’s a tough way to grow up and yet he has succeeded both in the classroom and on the field. He comes to CB as a senior and is voted captain. That says he is much more than just being a good football player; he’s a leader. Very good job by Hawk to land this young man!
  • movielover
    From being QB poor for several years, great to have several young guns in the program. We wish them all well.
  • CA Forever
    NEW COMMITMENT!!

TE Garren O'Keefe out of Colfax
  • SochorField
    Chris Olave commits to Ohio State.

I am going to just go ahead and say we were in his top-3.
  • CA Forever
    Yep already got that one... in another tweet his final 4 were OSU, USC, UCLA, and Utah soooooo.
  • SochorField
    his final 4 were OSU, USC, UCLA, and Utah soooooo.CA Forever

I heard his Final 5 were OSU, USC, UCLA, Utah, and UC Davis.

:D
  • CA Forever
    I can work with that!
  • CA Forever
    NEW COMMITMENT!

Longsnapper John Aloma from Moorpark JC! GO AGS!
  • movielover
    Commits / Signed:

Def: 6
    Off: 8
    St: 1
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!