• Riveraggie
    It seems that we lost one offensive linemen, Pettek in the NDSU game, and now another Richardson before the Weber game.
    Ford, was apparently making his first start at guard at NFSU in place of Martin, a decision I assume was based on merit. When Pettek went down, Martin took over at center. Martin had played that position throughout 2017, but was injured in first game 2018. So we should not have suffered too much from that.
    What’s the story with Riley Gallant, who started lots of games for us including two last year but just a name on the roster this year?
  • movielover
    I hope Jaylin White is OK!

Jaspir Friis is the Kal redshirt frosh offensive lineman who is transfering.

Listed at 6'7" and between 315 and 340 pounds. He was considered an elite offensive lineman in Germany. Half German, half Brazil. Thought he was higher on the depth chart, and then dropped?

If he can play, and if we need immediate help ...
  • BlueGoldAg
    Jasper Friis would be a great addition if we could get him. He sounds like a academically minded young man who intended to major in applied mathematics. Aggie athletics and academics go hand in hand so I hope he takes a good look at our program. He also retweeted the tweet from Cal's TE McCallan Casties who is transferring to the Aggies so we are at least on the radar.

https://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/cal-football-2019-season/2019/10/3/20897936/california-golden-bears-football-jasper-friis-wilcox-greatwood-curhan-saffell-transfer-portal

https://twitter.com/yaspertime?lang=en
  • BlueGoldAg
    Jaylin White took a viscous hit on the kickoff to start the second half. It looked like he was momentarily unconscious and was lying motionless on the turf. It was good to see that he was able to walk off the field slowly. It was a scary hit. He got absolutely pancaked. I hope he is ok.
  • agalum

Indeed. And i was disappointed in the response from the Weber fans and bench as he laid motionless on the turf. They were jeering and cheering the hit/fumble.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I was also taken aback by the players and the fans reaction. Yes, it was a extremely hard, clean hit and they recovered the fumble but to continue celebrating while he was lying motionless was very poor sportsmanship.

Did you notice that Hawk and the Aggie coaches had to go out on the field and round up some of the Aggie players at the end of the 3rd quarter and get them off the field? It seems that they were not happy with the WSU players jumping up and down and celebrating wildly with their coaches? Not sure what was going on there...
  • agalum

When we played N. Iowa which was a very physical game, when one of our players was injured, the entire Iowa team took a knee while they were attending to our player. I was very impressed with that. Weber and the Griz need to get circled on our calendar.
  • AggieFinn

I think one was wearing a Jack Tatum jersey...
  • DrMike
    what bothered me was that they cheered each replay they showed on the big screen (it was under review). Cheering the initial hit is a natural reaction; but cheering the replays when the kid is laying flat, unresponsive? That’s a very bad look
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's complete bush league by them. I think we're making some pretty good heated rivalries besides Sac and Poly: EWU runs up the score last with their coach's "leave no doubt" arttitude and now this celebrating by Weber and their fans when an Aggie is possibly seriously injured...no tit for tat... just cleanly beat the crap out of them the next time we meet...
  • AggieFinn
    ...it's almost like gentlemen may finish mediocre or last in the Big Sky.

Headhunters and straight up gridiron warriors...the Big Sky is chalk full of families with kids who have one ticket...and that lives and dies on their football successes and failures. Tell me higher stakes for a 21 year old when Jared Harrell creeps over the top for a huge bomb and the kid has to look himself in the mirror after the game, knowing that his Art History degree isn't a ticket to much of anything.

As for the UC Davis majors, I'll pin it on our youth...Exploratory, Communication, Managerial Econ...Sociology, Human Development... You can count the engineers and harder sciences on two hands...barely...pale comparison to teams in the past.
  • NCagalum
    Northern Iowa coach is a lot classier than Hill. Hill was chewing out both his QBs on last couple of plays - I think something to do with clock management. He seems like a win at all costs guy.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hill is right alongside with Aaron Best if that's the case.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!