• Russ Bowlus
    All rounds of the women's tournament are going to be held in and around San Antonio (men will be in/around Indianapolis, fwiw).

Dates/locations here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_NCAA_Division_I_Women%27s_Basketball_Tournament
  • Oldbanduhalum
    We had this discussion this weekend...IF we win the BWT and get the auto bid, does the fact that the NCAAT is all being held in Texas effect our first round opponent? Kind of hoping we avoid Stanford, if for no other reason than to just play someone different.
  • eastbayaggie

I'm guessing and hoping it would.
  • 69aggie
    We recruited a wing and a guard. Our two seniors are a wing and a guard. NCAA says our seniors get another year due to Covid? I was hoping Cierra and Trpcic would be back in 2021-22 season. Maybe I will be sadly disappointed; maybe they, Cierra and Mac, have other plans. We could be awesome if we got them again next year. Anybody know if Campbell’s surgery went well? She is a very, very good for a young guard. And, no, I am not looking past this year, but no doubt 2020-2021 will go into the books with a big * no matter what. What Jen has done is nothing less than great!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    So I don't know about Campbell's surgery, but she was on the sidelines at Long Beach last weekend, so I assume that, if she could sit in a bus for 7 hours, it must have gone as expected. Again, just a guess based on some experience with knees.

Good questions about Cici and Mac. I'm hoping they both come back which would allow the new freshman to red shirt. But it wouldn't surprise me if they both graduate and get started with their post-college plans.
  • 69aggie
    Yes. And Cici will have numerous opportunities not the least of which is a possible modeling career as well as academia. She is very photogenic, athletic, and very smart. Mac is very athletic, vivacious and smart as well. Loved it when the ESPN people said she was a “Gritty” girl from the very “Gritty” Hamilton, Ontario Canada (next door to the extremely “Gritty” place called Detroit. Good or bad? Very good! Could be a real candidate for the Canadian National WBB team next year. Tough as nails. IMHO
  • Zander
    I was under the impression that the seeds were a little malleable due to regionality, but even in normal years there were still seeds. For example, the Ags were officially on the 15 line that year but probably bumped a few places below where they should have been so they could face 2 seed Stanford. However, that same first-round site also had 10th-seeded Auburn playing a game in Palo Alto, so I think it's clear that at some point seeds overcome regionality.

Have to think that this year region will be irrelevant, or at least not positive, when choosing first round matchups.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!