• CA Forever
    Also seems like the coaching staff is developing quite the connection with Marin Catholic. We now have 3 players from there in the last couple seasons (Ingrassia, Perez, Aarsheim)
  • agalum

I hope he is the real McCoy. I was sort of expecting a JC transfer.
  • CA Forever
    We could still see one sign, although I would be a little surprised to more than 1 QB come in when we aren't losing any that we know of at least. I think it's also important to note that Hawk doesn't shy away from starting freshmen if they are the most qualified for the job.
  • BlueGoldAg
    He also had offers from Bryant University and the College of Idaho. I saw a video of him at a QB camp at Reno and he launched a pass from the 35 to the end zone. It looked like it went about 67 yards so he can definitely throw deep!
  • Riveraggie
    Hawkins may have started freshmen but has he ever started a true freshmen at QB, anywhere? Cody Hawkins, Ryan Dinwiddie, Jared Zabransky all redshirted. I don’t know about at Willamette.
  • DrMike
    I got my EVO newsletter which lists fall grads. On the list are Rodrigues and Carson Crawford. I wonder either or both will return?
  • CA Forever
    Yeah I watched his hudl highlights. He definitely has arm strength and has the ability to run if need be. Could be a diamond in the rough, but who knows lol.
  • CA Forever
    I also wanted to say thank you in advance of NLI day to everyone who helped find recruits, updates on offers, transfer portal talk, and the lively discussion of Aggie football in general. I know this thread isn't the most necessary thing ever as we just find out who signs on NLI days, but it's fun to put together and I enjoy the engagement.

GO AGS!
  • agalum

Yes, thanks to all of you especially CA. I’m essentially a non-contributor on this thread, but always enjoy the posts and the anticipation of how our new recruits will contribute. We have one of the most active FCS forums in the country.
  • Riveraggie

You do an amazing job with this list and it’s much appreciated.

reply="DrMike;42339"]
    For the next couple of years we are going to see players not returning for their last year of eligibility. Rodrigues is a 2016 high school grad, Crawford a 2017 HS grad. Crawford and many others of the junior class has been enrolled for 17 13 quarters already, so with full loads would have 255 195 units after 2021 fall.

Registering for classes after completing 225 units historically required permission from the dean, which I suppose they’d be given. If they graduate UCs historically haven’t allowed students to enroll without a degree objective or for a second bachelors degree. We can’t offer grads short term degree objective like most schools can.
  • movielover
    Schollar ballers? Grad school?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    From what I've heard, neither Hunter nor Crawford will be back. That's not from them directly, so i guess we don't know for sure.
  • Riveraggie
    Grad school isn’t for everyone and I don’t think grad schools want to enroll people who aren’t really planning to get the degree. I don’t think there is a grad school that will give a degree in a year, except a teaching credential. If they allowed a second bachelors degree, someone might want to do that and could earn that in a year.. I don’t think there is a strong enough incentive for someone to play a fifth or sixth year here, as Gilliam and Perryman and probably soon others illustrate. That’s why looking at the roster with a view toward remaining eligibility is deceiving. Guys might stay an extra quarter, but if it’s a year probably not.
  • DrMike
    I had heard Rodrigues wasn’t coming back back in December but didn’t realize he was a winter grad. First I heard of Crawford.
  • agalum
    Crawford’s shoes are going to be hard to fill, but somehow we usually do.

Regarding grad school, as i digest it a bit, don’t flame me, but grad school should not be a mechanism to extend eligibility for athletes unless they are degree driven. We need to maintain some level of academic integrity. My nephew was a starter at PSU, left his senior year and went to the beavers where he was a starter. He is a super bright kid and is in a graduate program with plans to finish his degree. 6’5” 300 lbs. I worked him as hard as i could to get him here when he was in HS.
  • DavisAggie
    there are more graduate programs at Davis than you realize
  • movielover
    Jacob Rich Kongaika_86@KongaikaRich choose Arizona. Via Twitter.
  • CA Forever
    First signing of the day! LB Evan Tattersall, a transfer from Cal. GO AGS!
  • CA Forever
    And we landed a punter transfer from CSU Pueblo! GO AGS!
  • CA Forever
    And ANOTHER transfer. Logan Kraut from University of Arizona! GO AGS!
  • CA Forever
    Andre Crump Jr has signed! GO AGS!
  • CA Forever
    Ernesto Nava has signed! GO AGS!
  • CA Forever
    Clayton Lynam has signed and listed as DL, not LB. GO AGS!
  • CA Forever
    A big Aggie welcome to LB Lyrik Fata! GO AGS
  • agalum
    Looks like we’ll have something to cheer about tonight!
  • CA Forever
    Getting a couple Pac 12 transfers is definitely a nice touch
  • DrMike
    Are we still expecting more?
  • CA Forever
    We still have 5 guys who have given verbals that have not signed. Now some of them could be PWOs and won't be announced. We could also have some that we don't know about yet.
  • CA Forever
    WR Laviel Pickett has signed! GO AGS!
  • movielover
    Is my count correct - four (4) new signings we weren't aware of?

CA Forever - great job putting this list and information together!

Kraut - had about 12 offers 2 years ago, one from us. Santa Rosa native.

LB Tattersall looks like a huge get - started 5 games at inside LB, averaging 4 tackles a game.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!