Total yards: Weber 411 Aggies 314
    Rushing: Weber 186 Aggies 165
    Passing: Weber 19-32-2 for 225 Aggies 18-35-0 for 149
    First downs: Weber 22 Aggies 21
    3rd down conversions: Weber 5-13 Aggies 6-17
    4th down conversions: Aggies 2-2 Weber 1-2
    Turnovers: Aggies 0 Weber 2 Int's
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hastins was surprisingly poised with the game on the line and coming in cold off the bench. Hunter was off on quite a few of his throughs...often high...not sure why that was happening for him. I hope his concussion is not too serious...any concussion is concerning...he looked dazed on the bench even after a few minutes.
  • movielover
    Defensive MVP

UC Davis athletics: "[Bryce] Rodgers posted a strip sack of Weber quarterback Kylan Weisser on a 4th-and-6 play midway through the first quarter, then Rodgers pressured Weisser into an interception in the second. ..."

Had a hand in 2 of 3 turnovers.
  • Riveraggie
    Odd game because Weber seemed ro push us around but in the end we seemed to wear them down. And that’s with the altitude factor.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Crawford's difficult catch on 4th and 6 on the final drive kept us alive. Incredible grab with the game on the line on a pass thrown way inside to him.
  • 69aggie
    This was a great game to watch. HR was off. LL wasn’t on his game that much. But the team won. i was very impressed with MH at QB coming in cold. That is a very hard thing for an athlete to do. He won the game. You give the ball to TT inside the 5 and its a TD!. It’s a. Very good time to be an Aggie now. I think this team has a bit of a destiny about it.
  • 88Aggie
    Hunter was really off today. McCastles dropped a pass that was right in his gut. Our receivers can’t seem to get open and they don’t seem to know where the first down marker is. Play calling still off. We have to be able to score more often when on the red zone. But all that said, this is a big win. Weber was one fumble away from maybe beating JMU. We are 4-0 with a couple really nice wins and the good news is that we have a lot of room to improve.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The box participation does not show that Teddye Buchanan played. I thought he only had to sit out a half.
  • movielover
    Agreed. Gutsy win. Play calling odd. Repetitive short runs, then 4 HR passes of 20 yards or more late in the game? (3 high) They finally called 2 screen passes. Why no medium throws?

Miles Hastings pass attempts

San Diego - 12
    Dixie State* - 1
    Weber St - 9

* I don't get that one. We need reps for Hastings for obvious reasons.
  • CA Forever
    My final thoughts

- HR had something going on even before he was pulled from the game. His passing looked off against Dixie State and regressed even further today.

- We didn't utilize TT enough in the offense today. Good things happen pretty much every time he touches the ball. He ran in the winning touchdown, but when the offense was stagnant all game get him some more touches and see what happens.

- Offensive line had a good day against a really good defense. We really did a good job of limiting the amount of pressure the QBs got.

- Defense did everything they could to keep us in that game especially considering how long they were on the field especially in the first half. Turnovers are the name of the game and they seem to be coming in bundles for blue force.

- I want nothing more than for the kid to succeed... but as of right now Gomez's kicking concerns me a little bit. I hope he can get another game in like Tulsa to build the confidence.

- Agreed with 88 on the play calling. Just very weird and sometimes going the insanity route of trying the same thing over and over and over again despite it not working, but thinking... it might just be different THIS time. Not sure if that falls completely on Cody or if Dan takes some responsibility too.

- I usually am frustrated with Dan's time management, but that final drive was handled masterfully. Burned almost 5 whole minutes and 3 of those were in the red zone. We benefitted from Weber burning 2 time outs in the 3rd quarter.

- Shaheed is a dangerous returner, but I would have rather seen us boot the last kick out of the back of the end zone than give it to them on the 40. They only needed a FG to tie and giving them a massive field position advantage to get in that range seems silly when they had no time outs.

- All in all, I will take the win. I hope the team gets healthy and is ready to go versus a rested Idaho team that is hungry for their first win of the season.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Time of possession: Aggies 30:57 Weber 29:03
  • movielover
    FWIW, our younger, bigger DBs coming into their own, early. It seems like this year DBs are leading the team in tackles, not LB s.

Calvin Mouisset SO 7 tackles, 7 solo
    Jaylin White Jr - 6 / 6
    Chris Venable SO 6 / 6
    Jordan Perryman Jr 6 / 6
    Jamie Budgett RFrosh 5 / 5

Breakout game for Mouisset & Budgett.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It seems like this year DBs are leading the team in tackles, not LB s.movielover

I think this is an area of concern since it means that teams are having success with mid and deep passes and RB's are getting deep into our secondary often.
  • Russ Bowlus
    BGA--I had the same thought: when DBs are leading in tackles, that makes me wonder if opposing teams are making it through the 2nd level too much.
  • eastbayaggie
    I'm curious to see our turnover margin is now when compared to other FCS teams. I think we were in a three way tie for first before the game at plus eight. I think we're now at plus eleven. Someone please confirm this.
  • Riveraggie
    For sure the running backs are making it through the second level. I don’t think I’ve seen many games with guys sliding and trying to grab someone’s ankles as this one. But also our DBs are not contesting or breaking up passes but just allowing the catch and making a tackle. Broadcasters commented on how far back our safeties were which leads to a lot of catches in front of them and tackles.
    But let’s give the linebackers some credit, Scharetg made that great stop on Davis on 4th and 1.
  • eastbayaggie
    So what's the strategy of having our safeties so far back other than the "bend don't break" strategy?
  • Riveraggie
    That has to be it.We’ve played two first game starters the last two weeks, don’t let a single play beat you make them do multiple plays without screwing up.
  • CA Forever
    I think the main thing was they were worried about Shaheed getting behind the cornerbacks. Adds a secondary level of protection against the deep ball to a very fast receiver. Like you said, this leads to a bend don't break philosophy as you give more room for the intermediate passes.
  • Riveraggie
    Hard to argue with wins but I think they need to take a little more risk to get some stops. Part of the reason the offense didn’t get untracked was Weber had the ball so long between our possessions
  • Riveraggie
    Buchanan played in second half
  • BlueGoldAg
    Great. I didn't see him in the participation stats.
  • DrMike
    if you look at the start of the play at the far sideline, you’ll see me in the golf pullover. Great finish. Weber folk were none too happy with the refs, but that last PI was so obvious
  • AggieFinn
    When you're a program that runs the ball and plays defense, you have no idea what and what isn't PI. Here at QBU however....
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!