• Oldbanduhalum
    I was thinking about where Anigwe fits in the pantheon of Aggie big men. Always hard to compare, as players are asked to do different things in their particular schemes, but if I was starting a team of all time Aggies, I’d be hard pressed not to include Christian.
  • DrMike
    that 5 point play was huge. Turned 13 point deficit to 8. I forgot we tied with 1:50 left; rewatching it seems like we should have one by 6 or so.
  • eastbayaggie
    Ha! I stopped watching the ESPN+ video at around the five minute mark and said to myself, "You guys have to win without me!"
  • DrMike
    in the D1 era, it’s hard not to put it at the top. Adenrele was good, but didn’t seem to come back all the way from injury. Monson was a scorer. Always liked Goode. Anigwe can score, heck of a defender (rarely fouls out this season) and tough as nails
  • BlueGoldAg
    Chima was the most athletically explosive. Anigwe is just solid all the way around too.

How about Chima at the post and Anigwe at PF or visa versa?
  • DrMike
    good call on Moneke - I guess I didn’t think of him as a big.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I really liked Monson, who at a big 6'10", had great hands. But he only played 2 years for us and only one BW tourney (missed his second one due to the birth of his child). But yeah, if I was starting a team of all-time aggie players, I think i'd go Anigwe at 5, Chima at 4, with Lemar, Hawkins and Shorts (Chima and Hawkins are my only slam dunks...the others positions could be filled by several different guys).
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's a talented, formidable line up, Mike!

I agree that Chima wasn't a true 5 but his leaping ability allowed him to play taller than he actually was. I can't think of anyone we've ever had with that kind of hop. I loved it when Chima would get the ball out top and he'd wind up fly down the lane to the basket with that high dribble he had. I swear he could make it from the foul line to the basket without needing to put the ball on the floor. Tremendous athleticism!
  • Toke69
    Gotta put Elijah in there somewhere.
  • DrMike
    Payne, Harden and Caligari from the Stewart years were all really good players.

We probably need a separate thread for this.

Somewhat related to this thread, our schedule gets tough travel wise starting this week. Two on the road, Hawaii at home then on the road again. Gotta survive the next 3 weeks starting with Bako on Thursday
  • BlueGoldAg
    Pepper for sure!
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!