• 69aggie
    River you are so wise. So I looked it up. I was not a very good economics guy.

ARISTOTLE:
    “That which is common to the greatest number gets the least amount of care. Men pay most attention to what they own.”

All is not not lost. My beloved granddaughter now is hiking in the desolation valley area above Tahoe and the NPS is right there to keep her safe. “Sign in and we will keep track of all of you! “ We have to keep our commonly shared lands/ideas open. Boy, we are drifting away subjectwise , but it is important that we stick to important issues. To Take care of our children for the future!! And that includes college sports . . IMHO
  • NCagalum
    it’s now looking like the PAC-4. When I was a kid it was PAC-8.

I think alums (collectives throwing money to pay kids to play - and hopefully win their Alma mater a championship) and TV money are not good things for college sports overall. The horse is out of the barn though, and I understand ADs scrambling tsp they are not left out. I think the NCAA has to set some rules so that it just doesn’t become the school with most alumni money wins. To me it’s almost money laundering with these collectives. The athletes are not commercially worth much money as NIL would imply. They are not all Michael Jordans directly translating their image in massive sales. The collectives are just a rationalized way to pay student-athletes (unfortunately most emphasis on the athlete these days) for playing for your school. Anyway my take.
  • True Blue Aggie
    Rumor has it that the admissions office is not a friend of athletics. Very, very slow. So slow, that kids commit elsewhere by the time we get around to extending admission.
  • Riveraggie
    I have no knowledge on whether the admissions office is slow or not:
    but there are considerations for transfers that make it complicated. To transfer to UC and get credit for courses taken elsewhere those courses need to map to some course at UC. If someone transfers from University of Michigan or UCLA thats not an issue, but if someone transfers from a school with a lot of vocational type of coursework they might be admitted but lose credits. I’m not knocking the value of more practical education, but that is not what UC does. In addition UC doesn't offer second bachelors degrees certificates etc, so transferring after graduating means getting admitted to a grad program, also not true everywhere else.
  • DrMike
    it seems like Cal is starting to bring in more transfers. Not sure if the semester system makes it easier or of they are getting more support from up above
  • Riveraggie
    Cal lost a boatload of transfers. I don't know what site is definitive but i see a list of 19 guys who transferred from Cal. That’s another piece of it, how many slots you have.
  • DrMike
    good point. I didn’t realize they got hit so hard. I know Stanford has been decimated the past few years
  • BlueGoldAg
    The DB video is much, much better than the one they did on the QB's.
  • Riveraggie
    The DB coaches know the players better. New QB coach, first day of fall camp.
  • Riveraggie
    i noticed they didn’t mention DaVon Frazier on the position overview, and the roster now lists him as a linebacker. He started against Idaho as a nickel back. (our most frequent starting lineup is a 3-3-5). Ive always had some sympathy for Frazier as they moved him to linebacker in 2019, he had a great game at the end of the season, he bulked up to play linebacker in 2020 and then they moved him back to DB (new defensive coordinator).
    There is a sophomore transfer, Lamont Shamburger from D3 Benedictine College, who had 25 tackles 15 solo and 5 interceptions for them as a true freshmen. His name was mentioned on the preview video.
  • AggieFinn2
    I thought Frazier was the mental wellness coach. If there any plays called "tossed salad" or "scrambled egg" don't include him on those. He doesn"t know what to do with those.
  • AggieFinn2
    Meaning no disrespect to Mr. Shamburger but his surname sounds like a good name for a plant-based meat product. You know you were all thinking it but cue the internet indignation.

Like maybe at your next bbq you could grill up some shamburgers and not dogs. Just saying.
  • AggieFinn

I've called veggie burgers 'Shamburgers' since they started being made and sold for consumption.
  • NCagalum
    I saw Frazier make some big plays last year and have wondered why he didn’t have more playing time. When talking to the parents of the Conners twins in Bozeman last fall, they said he was the fastest guy on the team. As I recall, one of his attributes was pass rushing (blitz from a db position).
  • NCagalum

Get your shamburger then jump in a sham taxi. Problem is you’d have to be in Gothenburg Sweden to hail it.

owqqzkkskf0kkpqu.jpeg
  • Russ Bowlus
    Good heavy metal scene there. :up:
  • Riveraggie
    Another roster position change.
    Both Connors twins are now DBs. This raises the question of whether they are identical twins, they sure look alike. Porter played well in his opportunities at linebacker, starting one game, but we are loaded there and if he has athletic ability similar to his brother he should be a DB.
  • Riveraggie

We had some players who seemed to be less effective or be placed in a role where they didn’t get the notoriety they had in the 2019, after we changed defensive coordinators. Two are Nick Eaton who was Freshman All American , and Da’Von Frazier who was the most improved player in 2019, This isnt a criticism just an observation that those two guys dropped in their play or production, coincident with the change in the defense coordinator, and both were moved to a different position.
  • DavisAggie
    they have to be identical
  • Riveraggie
    Player mentioned in OL preview not yet on website roster, committed in July. From American River
    Zaire Collier Simonton. OL 6-3 328. Had an offer from New Mexico State 247 3*
  • AggieFinn

NO JOKE. Though I prefer the music out of Suomi a bit more.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Another well done video!

• Riveraggie
    i cant figure out how to post the link so the image loads and not just the URL. I use an ipad, so the options are limited.
  • agalum
    Lots of names that i don’t recognize. It’s getting closer to kick off! Go Ags!
  • Riveraggie
    ;Here is my guess. The guys likely to play as they are all returners. Buchanan, Eaton, Cloyd, Mouisett, Frazier. Sarac will play situationally. New transfer Garreston may earn his way into the mix.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!