• AggieFinn
    Well, here we go. Biggest test on the schedule this season.

• ucdavisaggie05
    Saturday’s game will be broadcast on ESPN+.
  • SochorField
    Ho boy.......
  • movielover
    How big is that coverage?
  • ucdavisaggie05
    ESPN+, per what I have found online, broadcasts MLB, NHL, MLS, NCAAF, NCAAM and other collegiate sports, original programming and access to additional ESPN articles behind a paywall for $4.99/month or $49.99/year. I believe that they previously offered a 7-day trial but have not looked into that yet.
  • BiZon
    ESPN+ and MVFC have a broadcast agreement, every MVFC game is televised on the +. its turned out to be a great site, you can watch about every college game on there outside any on FOX

All games in HD, out games us the NDSU production crew so not sure if your guys will get the feed or not

get the 7-day free trial, once you get it though if your a FB fan you will keep it thru FB season like I do $20 for all it offers is great
  • gumby013
    Delaware full game.

HC Matt Entz weekly press conference.

• movielover
    If you're gonna be The Man, you gotta beat The Man. Right?

Tests for coaches Plough and Tucker.
  • AggieFinn
    I honestly think we're going to get rolled but I want to see if our offense can move the ball consistently.
  • AggieFinn
    Man, NDSU looked atrocious on special teams vs. UD early in the game
  • 69aggie
    Brawn versus speed. A very interesting test for the Ags.
  • movielover
    It could go either way, but why has our run game struggled? Is USD really that good?

We seem to have considerable size on both lines. If the Bears and USD are really that good, maybe it was great prep for Saturday. Tough to replace leaders like Moe, Doss, and Parenteau.

I'm also a little surprised we haven't seen more of our WR depth. Maybe bc 2 of 3 have been on the road?

We've got size & depth. Go Ags! (But no Band-uh.)
  • NCagalum
    Ags were gashing USD with run game initially but run game has not been consistent. Gilliam seemed to be a bit reserved against Lehigh. He had been taking pretty much the full load till then.

A lot of receivers saw action in the Lehigh game, including Babb and Blake Thorpe. One thing has has become evident - Crawford is a go to guy because 1. He gets open 2. He does not drop the ball.
  • Fiat Lux
    We opened as 24.5 point underdogs. Is the difference between 1 and 4 really that large?
  • AggieFinn

In this case I think it is. NDSU is a runaway train at the FCS level they play at Top 35 level football (all college football), and have done so for the past decade.
  • DrMike
    i think that spread is reflective of our #4 maybe being a bit too high! NDSU beat Eastern by 14 on a neutral field last year (the dome is FAR from neutral!), and some think this team is even better. Our line play on both sides of the ball hasn't been good enough for a top 5 team, so i suspect those factors are playing into the spread
  • MTBAggie
    We opened as 24.5 point underdogs. Is the difference between 1 and 4 really that large?Fiat Lux

I've been following the Bison forum, and they have the same comments. "So the difference between the No. 1 team in FCS and the No. 4 team is 3 TDs. Good grief, we won't be tested til Sept 5, 2020." (They play Oregon on 9/5/20.)

I don't really understand the logic in being the dominant team for so long in FCS. Good for them, they clearly have an awesome program. But is there no drive for the next level? Or is it limitations on the Fargodome, and not being able to move up without a larger stadium? I know I've seen people on this forum pushing for UCD to move up to FBS, with more rational people looking for a first FCS title before even bringing that conversation to the table.

I'm hoping for a good game. But in reality, I think NDSU is just too stacked and Davis will start making mistakes. And NDSU will capitalize on every small mistake/error/misjudgment that we normally get away with, or at least are usually able to recover from.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I believe in what I have read that the Dome can only be expanded along one sideline without significant structural modifications.

I would happen to guess that if the B1G came calling they would move up. MAC, C-USA, others - no.
  • movielover
    Am I to assume most believe the Bison are tougher than the Berkeley Bears?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'd put my money on the Bison vs Cal especially if the game was played in the Fargodome.
  • MTBAggie
    Based on comments on the Bison forum, that's how they feel. Sagarin rankings seem to agree. It will be interesting to see how their game against Oregon goes next year. This article is almost a year old, but the overall message probably hasn't changed much.
  • NCagalum
    I senses at least watching the Lehigh game that the Aggie D woke up. They will need to a play with a very high intensity in Fargo and win turnover battle. I watched the Delaware game. No protection for the Delaware starting QB who was also slow afoot and frankly I don’t think a very good QB (stared down receivers). Delaware went to a mobile QB in second half with much more success (nil in first half). The Aggie O-lime will need to protect Maier. I think they actually did pretty good at that in Cal game. A viable running game will help too. I do think the Ags are clearly the best team NDSU will have faced this tear - but to date they have not been challenged.
  • lucche
    I am beginning to think they are of the opinion they have the better offense, and the better defense to stop our offense. So, why should we play the game. I'll tell you why? We have beaten them in the past as they have us. And in the 6 recent games they were all close. But, I think they should post on another forum, and definitely not on a forum that says Any Given Saturday. This could be THAT Saturday that bites them in the *** Sure I think the Aggies are to be underdogs in this game, but a minor error or couple of inches here or there could make a huge difference in the outcome. I believe we are faster than the Bison, and they are bigger. So, we will have to use our speed to offset the difference. That means make the big guys run sprints. That will slow down the defensive line as the game progresses. And, make the DBs cheat up to stop the quick outs. That would give the Maier a good opportunity to throw the ball downfield. And, to use the draw play to get Tehran and Ulondo the opportunity to take advantage of the defensive linemen's weariness.
  • movielover
    I've only seen this once, but would like to share it. Tehran Thomas recently lost his Father, a wonderful man, so I'm sure that's been extremely tough on him. We wish him well.

I can only assume the players watched tape and film of the Bison this summer. They say all games are equal. But not really.

Go Ags!
  • agalum
    I believe we are faster than the Bison, and they are bigger.

I suspect thats been the case each time we have played them. The rational side of me thinks we keep it close during the first half and they pull away in the second half. But its hard to rationalize Aggie Pride. USD were 20 point underdogs and almost knocked us off. Playing in Fargo might be worth 14 to the Bison. We need our O on the field which means if we are going to have a chance we need to stop their run. Its a huge challenge. Go Ags!
  • lucche
    I too believe we need to stop their run game. I think it is possible we could do this before they make adjustments. If so, we need to tabke
  • agalum

Very sad news about TT father. I actually was wondering why i didn't see his family at the game. They usually congregate on the west side around the 30 yard line.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!