• DrMike
    4 big sky teams playing today. The Montana’s are off to strong 1st half starts but a Weber is down 17-9 to Kennesaw. Kennesaw has over 200 rush yards in the first half!

We were watching Big 12 championship and they ran an ad about how ‘they play all teams in the conference’. My wife asked how that could be. Told her they have 10 teams. ‘Why isn’t it the Big 10?’ Explained there already is one. They have 14 teams. I had to show her the standings on ESPN to show I wasn’t pulling her leg
  • NCagalum
    Well two blowouts for the Montana schools and a close call for Weber. Kennesaw a much better team since their first string QB went down, but Weber D did enough. James Madison looks scary.
  • NCagalum
    Sac getting their hats handed to them. Out-executed and out-coached. Maybe Taylor thinking of coaching offers. 21-0 Peay after 1 quarter.

295 - 60 total yards at half. Sac looks completely lost and acting like they don’t even want to be there. Thompson passing not close - looks befuddled.
  • agalum
    21-0 at half. Tuned it in just before half after getting home from a fun mbb game and team aggie party. Sounds like Thompson was out for a while?
  • NCagalum
    no Thompson in all the time - that is one of Sac’s problems.
  • agalum
    The announcers made a comment that he was “back in.” He’s 5/17.
  • NCagalum
    No. Just looking very out of sorts. His best receiver, Williams is out after getting injured in causeway, but he is way off in his throws. Frankly Sac looks awful. Austin Peay has something to do with it. I knew Sac would have their hands full but it has been total domination so far.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I looked at at the stats: Sac only had 60 total yards in the first half! Wow...
  • agalum
    Even though they are big sky and got by the Ags, puts a smile on me if they get taken out behind the barn and demolished.
  • NCagalum
    Sac missed short field goal to remain scoreless. Embarrassing performance on national tv.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    This makes me happy. The rest of the Big Sky has a great day, proving the toughness of the conference but Sac still gets crushed. How perfectly delightful for Aggie fans. They will still get good recruits, but imagine what a deep run had done for that program.
  • 72Aggie
    before the Big 10 added Maryland and Rutgers there was a period where there were 12 teams in the Big 10 and 10 in the Big 12.
  • DrMike
    Was Dotson hurt? They ran the ball 19 times. Thomson 13 times, Dotson once. Thomson had 30 yards passing in the first half, 275 in the second. Kind of like our game, except Peay moved the ball
  • zythe
    I wonder who the next Aggie QB will be...
  • movielover
    And two new QB signees.
  • DrMike
    Any idea what attendance was at Sac? Bee said ‘small crowd’ which is too bad after the run they had. Weather wasn’t too bad although the forecasts were dire. I was disappointed we didn’t fill up our stadium last year and we didn’t have weather as an excuse
  • agalum
    I caught some of the game on tv. Stadium looked empty, especially the east side. Peay could make a run, they look legit, but had several players go down. Suc got most of their points when Peay started substitutions.
  • DrMike
    I was driving home from Arnold Thursday and was listening to KTHK. Jason Ross was in for Napier so the subject of Sac State wasn’t forbidden (Napier can be a dick about that; why not put them up?). They were really excited about hosting two games, potentially, and were hoping they could get close to a full stadium even with the weather. That’s too bad.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's a very disappointing crowd size for their first playoff game in 30 years especially after the great year they've had.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    In fairness to them, area got a lot of rain and that stadium would not be a fun place in a rainstorm. I am glad they lost.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I don't think there was any rain at all during the game though and Sac is on semesters so they can't blame low student turnout on finals either. After nearly 20,000 at the Causeway game, this must be very disappointing for Sac.
  • 72Aggie
    It may not have been raining at game time, but it rained a lot during the day and was still raining in the area at 4:30. That could discourage people making evening plans. Throw in a late start for a playoff game, what is still largely a commuter campus, a relatively unknown opponent...and after all, it is Sac.

Sac's seating is good for the Causeway game and for big track & field events, but those Rose parade stands are a bit of overkill for the usual Sac audience.
  • 69aggie
    I’ve been to see a sac game on a rainy, windy day. Not a fun experience. Bad enough to be high up on those open shaky bleachers, but when the wind comes up the rain can come up through the bleacher seats as well and there’s no way to protect yourself from it. 10 times worse than Toomey was in the rain. But good season for sac. And next year they have Thompson back for what the 7th year? Amazing!
  • AggieFinn

8th, he should have 2 degrees by now
  • NCagalum
    And receiving social security benefits
  • NCagalum
    . and that was inflated. I watched the game and even the home stands were sparse. No rain during game but forecast would have scared some off.

Of all the playoff games, Montana State had the most - but not capacity. Even Montana was only about 80% and South Dakota State had poor turnout (30 degrees I think). Fargo Dome looked about 90% of capacity. It seems the playoff games are not nearly as popular as the traditional rivalry games. Kind of unfortunate.
  • movielover
    No insider insight on our current QBs?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Degrees are optional at Sac... :lol:
  • NCagalum
    movielover:None. Only remember Hunter Rodriguez looking pretty good I thought at Stanford. Seems like it would be good for him to add a bit of weight - looks kind of skinny to me. A QB that could run a bit could be helpful and add a dimension although getting carried away with running risks injury. There seemed to be a boatload if QB injuries this year (read an article somewhere) and most of those were QBs that ran a fair amount as I recall.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!