• CA Forever
    I knew Fata was on the radar. He had taken an official visit, but I was unaware that it had resulted in an offer. Kraut, Tattersall, and Dwinell I had 0 idea that they were in play.
  • CA Forever
    Samuel Gbatu has signed! GO AGS!
  • CA Forever
    City College of San Francisco QB, Jack Newman, has signed! GO AGS!
  • movielover
    3500 yards passing, 31 TDs in 11 games. Took over 50 sacks?

https://www.cccaasports.org/sports/fball/2018-19/Conference/NCFC_-_National/players/jacknewmansr3y

Newman started at Berkeley.
  • CA Forever
    Definitely looks like he's in the camp of gunslinger/pocket passer. He might be able to move around behind the line of scrimmage a little bit to buy time, but not the type to bring it down and run much. Lack of mobility could lead to more sacks or CCSF might just have a bad offensive line.
  • Riveraggie
    A big day for the Sonoma County recruits, especially if Antonini sends in his commitment.
    Kraut from Santa Rosa, Newman from Sebastopol, and Antonini from Petaluma.
  • CA Forever
    I'm pretty happy with how this class is shaping up especially after the December signing period. I'm not going to lie and say that I wasn't at least a little bit worried. Stoked about the transfers AND the incoming freshmen.
  • agalum
    So Newman went from HS to city college of SF , then to Cal, then back to SF? Cal shows him as a sophmore transfer from SF in 2019. 6’1” 200lbs.
  • CA Forever
    The UC Davis Football twitter account re-tweeted Ingrassia's and Antonini's personal commitment tweets. I don't know if that is their way of saying that they are PWOs. I guess we'll find out for sure when the press release drops.
  • Riveraggie
    I wonder how much eligibility Newman has. Can Cal time count as a redshirt year?
  • agalum
    Newman interview at Cal. Seems like a very articulate young man.
    https://youtu.be/pigEp1T73pg
  • Riveraggie
    I imagine Kraut would like to play on offense, since they list him as a receiver and he came here. We sure shored up the receiving corp after losing the three guys who of were big contributors there.
    As regards to PWO, I thought there was some rule against the school including the in the NLI press release.
  • agalum
    https://ccsfathletics.com/sports/fball/2021-22/releases/20211014gywsvx

“ City College of San Francisco quarterback Jack Newman has been named California Community College Sports Information Association (CCCSIA) State Athlete of the Month for September. It is the third time since the inception of the award in 2005 that a CCSF student-athlete earned the honor.”

“ For the month, Newman completed 99 of 140 passes (70.7%) for 1,552 yards and 15 touchdowns with only two interceptions. He led all quarterbacks in the state in completions, touchdowns, passing yards, as well as passing yards per game with 388.

Newman closed out September with back-to-back games of 400+ yards passing and four touchdowns. On Sept. 18, he threw 27 for 40 with 419 yards passing at Modesto Junior College and wrapped up the month with a 27 for 37 performance with 417 yards against American River College.”
  • movielover
    Six (6) *** signees?! All we need is the RB out of Sacramento... very odd that only 2 of our RB got carries last season.
  • CA Forever
    Signing day press release

Looks like we're done. I've moved the remaining commits to PWO status. Thank you again for all the help this recruiting season! GO AGS!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Many thank, CAF. Great fun as always to follow the recruiting each year.
  • Riveraggie
    The most surprising get is Tattersall, who apparently has two years of eligibility left and started the first four games for Cal in 2021 and had ten tackles against Sac State. We lost 2 guys who played a lot minutes at inside linebacker for us in Hansen and Scharetg, so he definitely fills a need, He’s listed as a grad student. We could be really strong at linebacker.
  • CA Forever
    I think between the transfers and freshmen we have at least a couple plug and play guys right off the bat which is excellent news. I agree with you in that our linebackers could be a strength of ours. We have a good handful of guys that can be impactful in those positions next season.
  • movielover
    I bet he saw how (transfer) McCallan Castles blew up at tight end here, and saw the potential. And he played behind a *great* linebacker.
  • Riveraggie
    I think Newman could start right away, but I hope they have a competition for the job with Dixon and Harper included in addition to Tompkins and Hastings. Can Newman participate in spring practice??
  • movielover
    Don't forget mobile Gunnor Faulk.

FWIW, WR Isaiah Blair *** 6'2 175 from Downey is delaying his selection.
  • Riveraggie
    Apparently they moved Deng to another position and opened up the inside linebacker spot for Tattersall, but he couldn’t hold on to the job. Had decent stats though. When he lost the job they first moved a former safety into the position, which maybe indicated they wanted more speed on defense or pass coverage. In our situation, I think we can use a little more size at inside linebacker. The way the tackling rules are these days, it’s hard to bring backs down. I suspect he has decent speed. Maybe he thought he wouldn’t get another opportunity to start there and since he could graduate, it was time to look for a better situation.
  • movielover
    Make that two - Evan Weaver.

Interesting no one else appears to have offered Newman. Especially as they went undefeated and won the state title.

Jake Maier 2.0? High school comments, 2016.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Analy-QB-Jack-Newman-keeps-scorekeepers-busy-9233102.php
  • CA Forever
    I think one thing we can't ignore is that we brought in what looks like a talented punter to take over Whelan's spot. Yes, Dwinell played for a D2 team, but he was All American at that level. Whelan averaged 46 yards per punt, Dwinell 43.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We developed quite a history of great punters too along with QB's and TE's.
  • CA Forever
    Colton Schmidt, Colby Wadman, and Daniel Whelan all in the last decade. That's not too shabby at all.
  • Bige70
    Those guys are great. But how about let's not punt so much in the future? :chin:
  • DavisAggie
    these stats are from 2018. Quite an improvement 3 years later. Great deep ball and the patience to throw one, along with good pocket presence
  • movielover
    Anyone here attend the El Mercero NLI event?
  • agalum

Wife and i attended. Attendance was lower then previous years. Hawk was true to form. Always life messages in his speeches. He said this class was a small class, but talented. He played the recruit video and made comments along the way. He seemed pleased with the receivers they brought in as well as the entire group. He keeps his cards tight, but i got the impression he was especially pleased with Kraut, but was careful not to praise one kid over another. He did say the training facility has already made an impact on recruiting.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!