• CA Forever
    Second signing period starts tomorrow! We'll see how many surprises we get!
  • ARI
    Looking at the players who committed to teams at the FBS level, I wonder if many of these athletes will be entering the portal in one or two years if they get limited (or no) playing time. By offering them an opportunity at Davis today, perhaps that provides a better opportunity to recruit them out of the portal in the future. Especially if they made a campus visit and connected with our coaching staff.
  • CA Forever
    3 star ATH Jeremiah Ruffins commits to UCD!

• CA Forever
    Signings should start coming in this morning! I'll update the page when possible! GO AGS!
  • agalum
    They’re rolling in on the FB page. Looks like several receivers from local schools.
  • CA Forever
    List has been updated! Athletics hasn't put out a finalized list yet so they might be expecting some late additions? Anyway, GO AGS!
  • movielover
    New additions - Feb 1st - (4) (updated x2)

WR Jeremiah Ruffin *** 5'10 165 Heritage High School (Brentwood, CA) Tweet

WR Malachi Bean-Seay 6'0 175 Laguna Creek High School (Elk Grove, CA) Tweet

TE Mason Norberg - Folsom 6'2", 215

Ja'san Morton - undetermined -

Junior college:

LB Grant Garretson 6'3 235 Butte College (Chico, CA) Tweet

TE Ian Simpson 6'3 240 American River College (Sacramento, CA) Tweet

Overall Mix:

Defense: 8
    Offense: 14
    Special teams: 1
    Undetermined: 1

DB: 4
    LB: 3
    DL: 1

TE: 3
    WR: 4
    OL: 5
    RB: 1
    QB: 1

LS: 1
  • agalum
    Coach commented last night we have some walk ons that he’s not able to announce until the student makes it public on social media. Full house last night at the signing party. Lots of new faces on the coaching side. Spring training right around the corner.
  • BlueGoldAg
    What did he have to say about this year's recruiting class in general? Did he have comments about any specific athletes?
  • agalum

Each positional coach talked about the various recruits that they were responsible for. You know Hawk, he talked about big picture stuff, while he wants to win a championship he’s focused on having a championship program, etc. From watching the videos, it looked to me that they were after speed and size on the receivers. One recruit didn’t stand out in my mind, but a good crop overall.
  • DrMike
    Like AgAlum mentioned, they don’t really give a lot of details on specific guys. We were talking to the WR coach ( the old timer on the staff) and he said he got the 4 guys he tracked. The kid from Heritage, it sounded like, had a couple snags in early recruiting (he was supposedly committed to Reno from what an area coach told me), so that’s a good get. All 4 have explosive speed and dynamic abilities.

TE was an area of emphasis since we lost 3 upperclassmen, 1 or 2 unexpectedly. Sounds like Castles’ monthly income at Tenn is more than maybe all assistants!

We can’t announce PWO …..but we can send them a committed’ graphic that they can post.

Amusing story about how Plough was the first one to offer Brock Purdy out of some small Arizona HS. Apparently his calm confidence was evident back then.
  • Riveraggie
    Who is the offensive line coach? Or did Cody talk about those OL players. Any of those guys might play defense?
  • DrMike
    Cody introduced them.
  • Riveraggie
    Ja'san Morton has signed NLI.
    I saw the notice on the website on signing day but then it disappeared.but it’s there now.
    https://ucdavisaggies.com/sports/2022/12/20/signing-day-central.aspx
  • DrMike
    I think they mentioned he had his own clothing line.
  • Riveraggie
    MVP of this year Polynesian All American game in Southern California.
  • 69aggie
    Be interesting to see if there were any contested recruits between Hawkins and his son now at Idaho state?
  • Riveraggie
    Judging by the committed elsewhere list on 1st page of this discussion, we lost only one recruit to a Big Sky team, Sac State and a couple to Ivy League. This is a multi year pattern.
    Good players from California go to other Big Sky schools, but we apparently don’t compete for those players. The ones we contest for we lose to FBS or Ivy League.
  • movielover
    Great class?

*** recruits = 8
    ** recruits = 4
    Jucos = 4
    Transfers = 0 / TBD
  • 88Aggie
    This report seems to show that Cal Poly somehow picked up a lot of the top 50 so cal recruits. I wonder what the draw was? Lots of full scholarships to offer as the team fell apart and has a lot of openings or a better opportunity to start as a freshman? They show QB David Rasor as committing to Cal Poly.

https://news.scorebooklive.com/california/2023/02/01/updated-where-californias-top-50-available-2023-football-recruits-have-signed-on-signing-day
  • AggieFinn
    I think Wulff had to make that pitch. Two WR in the Top 16, a Top 10 ATH and Rasor?

"You will start this fall if you show."
  • Riveraggie
    Are you believing the David Rasor Cal Poly bit? I think that’s just a mistake.
    Out of the fifty Cal Poly has three, Davis has three, if you move Rasor to Davis
  • SloStang

Cal Poly: #9, #14 and #16.

UC Davis: #25, #31 and #41.
  • Riveraggie
    They are all three star recruits. I don’t think they can even get the * ratings right much less accurately rate these guys rated 1 - 50
  • SloStang

They are all 3 Star and ALL great additions to both teams.

Here is how 247 rated each:

Chris Snyder Jr. (87)
    Edward Schultz (86)
    Delano Franklin (85)
    Robbie Mascheroni (85)
    David Rasor (84)
    Izaiah Souriolle (83)

Rankings, especially at the FCS level are just an educated guess. We won’t know how good each of the above players are for a few years.
  • DrMike
    Delano Franklin? Did they miss on Milhouse Richard?
  • CA Forever
    Rasor is definitely with the Ags
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!