• CA Forever
    Wrighster's twitter account still says UC Davis commit but I guess we'll see what happens
  • Riveraggie
    Did you see his name on the initial release? Do they still fax the NLI forms in?
  • CA Forever
    Sanders and Wrighster have signed. We're back to 11. GO AGS!
  • movielover
    I would guess we have at least 4-6 schollies, maybe more, available for Coach Plough and staff.

Innovative scholarships - we recruit kids with high GPAs. How do we factor in if a student athlete qualifies for a Cal Grant A, B, or other merit-based monies? These might allow us to stretch funds.
  • AggieFinn

Consistently non-user friendly.
  • Riveraggie
    Montana signed a guy named Tommy Running Rabbit.
  • Zander
    My understanding from a brief read of some blogs and a general understanding of Davis aid is that students on partials are eligible for scholarships that the general public can apply for and Davis is almost unique among the non Ivy FCS schools in how robust the aid program is.

So I think what Hawkins meant by that is that they’re scoping out which recruits are in income brackets that would result in things like guaranteed grants to cover tuition and then giving them partials to just cover room and board, that kind of thing. Also perhaps even declining to give certain recruits scholarships if they’re eligible for almost everything covered anyway
  • SochorField
    Coaching staff hasn't even been updated. Hawk still HC, etc etc....
  • SochorField
    3 OL out of 11 commits...I like it.

Wrighster is exciting! Great highlight reel.
  • 88Aggie
    I wonder if Plough will keep Shanbour. He seemed the least proven coach. Kevin Burke has more QB playing and coaching experience. If they brought Daft back he might want to take responsibility for QB’s himself.
  • CA Forever
    List is fully up to date with all 11 commits signed on the dotted line! GO AGS!

Would be nice to pick up a RB and a receiving target or 2 through WRs and TEs for the February signing period, but the class is looking good!
  • Riveraggie
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Shanbour moves to Cal to rejoin the offensive coordinator there, for whom he coached QBs at North Texas.
  • DavisAggie
    We have a ton of RB's. Only lost one
  • CA Forever
    We do have RBs, but I'm all for loading up for the post LL competition. That and Plough's entire schtick is scoring fast and frequently which means we'll need a ton of depth on the offensive side of the ball.
  • Riveraggie
    We only have three that have shown anything, four if we consider Tompkins.
  • DavisAggie
    7 returning, counting Tompkins, you don't want more than 8
  • DavisAggie
    It's embarrassing. They've done it in the past. Amateur Hour
  • movielover
    They posted some pictures to Instagram as well. FYI.
  • Riveraggie
    Tompkins and Larison will be sixth and fifth year players respectively, Ward is doing to be a fifth year player if he comes back, which might be questionable as why have a fifth year player on scholarship who has never had a carry. Two other guys are walkons, who haven’t shown much. That’s not much depth, and what depth they have is in its final year.
  • DavisAggie
    Lest we forget, Fisher, Perez are capable backups
  • 69aggie
    Don’t rule out Kainoa Acia at RB. That is for the future of course as he is just a freshman and did not play last season. He is a very athletic young player and former wrestler. Very smart kid. Dos anyone remember another former wrestler and Aggies LB Tim Lajic? He was one of the most fearsome and formidable players to ever play as a Aggies LB.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Very smart kid. Dos anyone remember another former wrestler and Aggies LB Tim Lajic?69aggie

I remember Lajcik. He was one of our best back in the day.
  • movielover
    I thought he was DT / DL? I never heard him speak. Intimidating.
  • movielover
    Top Recruiting class 2024 FCS (247)

1. Houston Christian
    2. Sacramento St
    3. @SSN_Campbell
    4. @SSN_MontanaSt
    5. Portland St
    6. @SSN_UCA
    7. @SSN_UtahTech
    8. @SSN_EWU
    9. @SSN_LindenwoodU
    10. @SSN_JacksonSt
    11. @SSN_SFA
    12. UNH
    13. Tennessee St
    14. Princeton
    15. McNeese

https://x.com/SSN_CollegeFB/status/1737854411471487470?s=20
  • BlueGoldAg
    Sac just keeps reloading. Their low academic requirements make it so much easier for them.
  • DavisAggie
    use the whole salt shaker with this list
  • AggieFinn

Montana's not on this list and they're in the Final Four - so unless we're expecting to see Houston Christian barnburn the 2024 season, I think it still comes down to preparation and execution as always...and a bloody quarterback that can bring it all together.
  • Riveraggie
    How do they determine this? They don’t say.
    They have 15 players a five of whom are upper class-men from JC or other colleges, red shirt juniors and seniors.
    The difference between their recruits and Davis’ seems to be the number of transfers.
    Sac has always relied on transfers, which means they have large recruiting classes because the players have less remaining eligibility.
  • CA Forever
    As DavisAggie said, ranking recruiting classes is almost meaningless... especially so at the FCS level. They used 247's star ratings to rate the classes. I include those ratings while listing our recruits, but they lack any real kind of objectivity. Ulonzo Gilliam and Lan Larison were both 2 star players in high school and Keelan Doss was unranked for instance.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!