• BlueGoldAg
    Hawaii got frustrated in the 3rd...we need to keep our composure and play smart with energy...
  • Zander
    mmmm about that
  • Zander
    Falling asleep on D again and now 4 fouls on Cierra :(
  • Russ Bowlus
    New UCD single-game block record for Sage (8).

edit: 9. :lol:
  • BlueGoldAg
    Boy, some horrible officiating in this game....
  • cmt
    Missed layup and then a foul on Cierra on the rebound. That hurts.

If she makes the layup we're down 2 and she's still in the game.
  • Zander
    Hall fouled out. Apparently confusion if she had 4 or 5 from her, not sure if Gross was intending to play her with 4
  • Zander
    URGH down 8 again after ANOTHER Hawaii three point play
  • Russ Bowlus
    Can't BUY a bucket right now. *sigh*
  • cmt
    Too many missed layups.
  • Zander
    It's over

Have to win tomorrow
  • cmt
    Well, hope that's the stinker game. Win tomorrow and win the conference, then win three games in the tournament.

Can't believe we're going to lose after the way that third quarter ended. Thought for sure that was the turning point.
  • Zander
    If the staff thought/told Cierra that she had the wrong number of fouls then that might be one of the worst coaching errors I can remember from Coach Gross and company. Fortunately that's not something we'd expect to happen a lot
  • Russ Bowlus
    60-70 Final, Hawaii wins. Tough night for the Aggie offense--need to figure out the shooting. On defense, Davis needs to limit Hawaii's offensive rebounding.

Pretty good effort from Ms. Stobbart! 12p/13r/3a/9b.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Around the rest of the conference, Irvine beat LBSU, Fullerton beat UCSD, and SLO smoked UCSB by 30. Ouch.
  • cmt
    Eh, I mean there was only five minutes left and we're losing. If we're winning, then it's different and maybe you sit her for a couple minutes. Also not like it's the first half and you let her pick up her third foul.

Announcers made it sound like Gross didn't complain much so I'm guessing she knew it was five. Maybe she just trusted her senior to not pick up a cheap foul. Don't know if Cierra just didn't know or if she was hopeful that it was only her fourth.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags never led in this one. Give Hawaii credit. They came out aggressive on defense and the Aggies did not handle it well. They need to shake this game off and come out tomorrow with a bad taste in their mouths and match Hawaii's intensity to have a chance for a split.
  • DrMike
    Don’t discount the effect of the late start. Second half tip-off was around 10 PM. Hopefully acclimated tonight
  • Russ Bowlus
    Yeah, Hawaii has a heck of a home court advantage, IMO, particularly in Game 1 of a weekend series.
  • DrMike
    I feel like the Big West is adjusting schedules to make this format easier on away teams; except Hawaii. I wish they would find a new conference. I don’t see what they add and the impact of travel there is a big deal
  • Zander
    Problem is I'm not sure where else Hawaii could go. This is by far the most doable conference for them travel-wise; the alternative would be maybe the Mountain West or Big Sky in the name of levelling the playing field in terms of their travel time vs conference average. But some of those trips would be brutal for them.
  • DrMike
    we are their best choice after they bailed out of MWC. I think at one point they looked at independent for football and that led them to BWC for other sports
  • Zander
    I see, makes sense
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Time for the women to finish the Aggie trifecta tonight!

Let’s go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags must match Hawaii's aggressiveness from the get go and keep our poise against their physical defense.
  • Zander
    RED HOT start for the Ags

Stobbart picking up right where she left off
  • Zander
    13-6 at the first timeout. Not perfect, still some bad turnovers, but better overall and Hawaii seems more human compared to their early shooting last game.

Really feel like Sage is now a lock for DPOY
  • BlueGoldAg
    Stobbart is impressive...too many unforced TO's by the Ags though...
  • Zander
    So many travels
  • Zander
    Aaaaand it's back to the Aggies of last night

Hawaii gets like three offensive boards and then a 3-point play. Lead lost, and we had every chance to stem this bleeding
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!