• Russ Bowlus
    Interesting 1st quarter with each team making runs. 18-16 Aggie lead, though.

Another four blocks by Sage...in a quarter. Good grief!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Fast start by the Ags....then a whole bunch of sloppy play on offense...lucky to have the lead...
  • Zander
    Defense is there now, but the travels are a weird issue that have now spring up
  • cmt
    Interesting from the Hawaii announcers but we’ll be on the same side of the bracket as Hawaii either way. If we win, we’re the 1 and Hawaii is 5. If Hawaii wins, they jump to 3 and we fall to 2.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Hawaii gets SO MANY offensive rebounds.
  • Zander
    I was just pondering that for a team that's one of the tallest, most experienced, and most successful in the conference, we sure do seem to get beaten on rebounds a lot
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I get that our rebounding scheme asks the bigs to block out and the guards/wings come in to grab the ball but boy we sure look like we are standing around looking at the ball instead of aggressively going for it. Ugh!
  • Russ Bowlus
    27-29 Hawaii at half. Ugly, ugly second quarter by both teams.
  • cmt
    Disappointing to be down at the half especially since we started so well. Need to come out in the second half like we did yesterday and how we started today.
  • Zander
    Not feeling good about this at all. Not as terrible of a start as last game =/= actually a good game.

Someone on the Irvine forum said that if the Ags get swept by Hawaii we don't deserve the title. Might be right, but then again UCI just got obliterated by Long Beach so I'm not really convinced they're any better
  • BlueGoldAg
    Jen Gross can not be happy that her team is getting out hustled by Hawaii...
  • Russ Bowlus
    Yeah, I feel like if the offense can do ANYTHING, this is a totally winnable game. :grimace:
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hawaii plays excellent defense...they're everywhere and they don't give up many uncontested shots, consequently, with the exception of Sage inside, the Ags are forcing up low percentage shots...
  • BlueGoldAg
    Rebounding: Hawaii 23 Aggies 14 which has led to Hawaii scoring 9 second chance points. We've got decent size on the floor so we're just getting out played...right now Hawaii is playing harder...
  • Zander
    Better this half, but still too close for comfort
  • Zander
    another travel
  • cmt
    Great start to the half. Keep it up and bury them.
  • Zander
    If Hawaii were shooting anything above atrocious from three this game would be in a lot more worrisome shape
  • Russ Bowlus
    Six-point lead for the Aggies headed into the fourth quarter.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Are the Aggies *really* fouling this much?
  • Russ Bowlus
    48-38 Aggie lead at the 4Q media timeout.
  • Zander
    Doesn't feel nearly as safe as it probably is. I can't tell if Hawaii is just not having a good shooting night tonight, or if they're feeling the pressure from improved Aggie defense, or if they just overperformed last night
  • cmt
    Pretty ugly game. Hawaii has had a lot of open looks from 3 and just aren’t hitting (2-16). Give them 2 more and they’re still only at 25% but then it’s a 4 point game.

We’re going to need to play better to win the tournament.
  • Zander
    mmmmmm missing two FTs and then knocking the ball out of bounds was a little ehhh
  • cmt
    Hall has shot terribly tonight. 4 missed FTs and 0-4 from three with either 2 or 3 of those being way short.
  • Zander
    I wonder if the video board isn't updating or hard to see from the court or something because the Hawaii player was also confused when she fouled out
  • Zander
    All starters except Turner are out I believe, though this might just be a defensive lineup.
  • Zander
    All backups now. A little choppy but this might be their last opportunity to get minutes
  • Russ Bowlus
    54-46 Aggies win--Hawaii sneaks a 3-pointer in at the buzzer.
  • Zander
    Unreal what Jen Gross and staff have done with this program. Absolutely unreal.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!